Monday, November 12, 2012

APGA crisis: I’ll expose Bianca Ojukwu, Gov Obi -Umeh


The last may not have been heard about the death of late Ezeigbo Gburugburu, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu as the National Chairman of APGA and close confidant of the departed leader, Chief Victor Umeh has vowed to tell the world all he knows about his death. Umeh who was visibly angry while briefing newsmen yesterday in Enugu over a recent claim that himself and Governor Rochas Okorocha shunned a peace meeting held recently in Awka blamed both Governor Obi and Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu for the problem in APGA.
The APGA chairman who saw the claims as an attempt to portray himself and the Imo State governor to the public as those who do not want peace in the party said, the time was ripe to expose the activities of those involved to the public. Umeh who claimed that the late Igbo leader suffered heart attack as a result of pressure from some quarters, vowed to expose everything he knows about Ojukwu’s illness and death once the one year remembrance of Ojukwu was done with on November 26.
“Let November 26 come and go and I will expose all of their activities as they claim to be upholding the ideals of Ojukwu. “The way things are going, very soon I will start granting interviews again to put things in proper perspective both for Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu, Governor Peter Obi, Dr. Tim Menakaya; all of them that are destroying this party now; I will come back to the public with their activities; with details one after the other so that people will know what they are doing; It’s time for me to expose everybody now; that time has come. “I take no blame for what is happening; if there is any reconciliatory meeting, any meeting where the progress of APGA will be discussed, that meeting should be properly convened; people should be properly invited and notified, I will be the first person to be there. “Because one after the other, I will look into their faces and tell them what they have been doing, which I have refused to tell the public. On the meeting, which he was reported to have shunned, the APGA boss said he was surprised to read that a text message was sent notifying him of the meeting:
“I wish to state unequivocally that nobody sent me any text inviting me to any meeting at Awka for the purpose of pursuing reconciliation in APGA. Umeh who said he travelled to London on the November 2 to attend the convention of the United Kingdom’s chapter of APGA and for the celebration of Ojukwu’s birthday in Oxford said there was no indication of such a meeting anywhere before he travelled. “I was therefore shocked when I returned to read that I shunned an invitation for reconciliation; nothing can be further from the truth.
“I investigated into this and was told that when I traveled, Governor Peter Obi on November 3 sent text messages inviting people to a stakeholders meeting at Awka on Tuesday November 6; I was also shown a text message sent to Governor Obi by Chief Chris Ejike Uche the APGA Deputy National Chairman, South, informing him that he should shift the meeting to Tuesday November 13, 2012 because, both myself and Governor Okorocha had travelled to London and would come back on the 8th of November; he went further to say that the meeting was sudden and there was need for both myself and the Imo State governor to be in attendance.

No comments: