Monday, November 26, 2012

Defamation: Herbalist Threatens To Sue Airhiavbere


A prominent native doctor in Urhomehe in Orhiomwon Local Government Area of Edo State, Israel Odaro, has threatened to sue the Edo State Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) gubernatorial candidate, Major General Charles Airhiavbere (rtd) for defamation of character.
This came barely 24 hours after the Edo State deputy Governor, Dr Pius Odubu weekend instructed his lawyers to commence  legal proceedings against Airhiavbere.
The PDP candidate who is challenging the election of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and his academic qualification at the Election Petition Tribunal had in a statement alleged that a man who slumped at the state governorship election petition tribunal sitting on Thursday was brought by him (the Deputy Governor) to perform “some dubious mission”.
A statement by Airhiavbere’s Campaign Organisation had claimed that the man, Israel Odaro, “from Urhomehe” where the Deputy Governor also hails from, died in hospital where he was rushed to after the incident.
However LEADERSHIP checks at the Benin Central Hospital indicated that the said Israel was on his sick bed and he disclosed that he hails from Delta State but has lived in Benin for a long time and a supporter of Governor Adams Oshiomhole.     
“My   full name is Israel Eyinmosan and not Israel Odaro as Airhiavbere’s people claimed in their statement,” he said.
But the said native doctor, who spoke to newsmen at his shrine in Urhomehe in Orhiomwon LGA yesterday said he had never been to Benin City to attend the tribunal seatings, adding that he was not the same person ascribed to by the PDP governorship candidate who slumped and was reported to have died.
In his words “ I have never been to the tribunal, I’m a native doctor and I inherited it from my father. It was yesterday that my people told me they heard it on radio that I slumped and died in Court. I want to say am not the same person they are talking about. I’m going to take legal action against them with the support of my community for trying to cause confusion and divide my people”.
Leadership

No comments: