Friday, November 23, 2012

Gunmen attack Aborisade at Poly Ibadan


Suspected armed robbers, in the early hours of Thursday, attacked human rights activist, Comrade Femi Aborisade, at his official residence within The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State.
The robbers, armed with guns and other dangerous weapons, inflicted injury on him, carted away his Ipad, laptop computer, laptop bag containing documents, cell phones, complimentary cards and cash, as well as his wife’s jewellery.
In a text message to the Nigerian Tribune, Comrade Aborisade said though he did not know whether it was a political attack or not, he would continue to be critical of bad governance in Nigeria.
“Members of my family and I have just been attacked by armed robbers at my residence within The Polytechnic, Ibadan, between 12:40 and 1:00 a.m. today.
“They left cuts on me in the process of their attacks on me and my wife. Though I do not know whether or not the attack has political undertone, I will continue to be critical of bad governance till I breathe my last,” Comrade Aborisade said.
He stated that the case had been reported at the institution’s security unit and promised to also report same to the police.

No comments: