Sunday, November 18, 2012

‘TB Joshua said I’ll score against Venezuela’


Lazio midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has revealed to MTNFootball.com that Prophet T.B. Joshua foretold his goal against Venezuela.
The youngster scored the Eagles third goal in the 3-1 victory over Venezuela on Thursday after receiving a pass from Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi.
“My goal was made in heaven because Prophet T.B.Joshua told me I will score. He even gave me some tips on how to have a good game,” he told MTNFootball.com.
“I therefore dedicate the goal to God almighty and also to Prophet T.B. Joshua, who inspired me to score the goal.
“This goal will boost my confidence in other games as I believe more goals are coming by his grace.”
Onazi again restated his belief to make the squad to next year’s Nations Cup in South Africa.
“I’m happy at the manner the coach has been giving me opportunities and I can assure Nigerians that I will be part of the team that will bring the Nations Cup to the country next year,” he declared.
Portland Timbers forward Bright Dike, who debuted for Nigeria on Thursday against Venezuela, has equally expressed his happiness to represent Nigeria.
“I was very excited to wear the green Jersey of Nigeria, I feel honoured and I had great pride in representing my country,” he told MTNFootball.com.
“The team played for each other and we got a deserved the victory. I did my best and really wanted to make it a scoring debut and I came so close. That just gives me more motivation for the next time we play.”

No comments: