Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Aborisade decries armed robbery attacks, petitions IG



Human rights activist and lecturer at The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Mr Femi Aborishade, has written a petition to the Inspector General of Police, Mohamed Abubakar, following persistent attacks on his residence by armed men.
It will be recalled that armed men suspected to be robbers attacked him and his family, on November 22, inflicting cuts on him and carting away belongings.
Aborisade who decried the persistent attacks said: “I hereby appeal to the Nigeria Police Force for protection on the ground of persistent vicious attacks by armed men. My family and I have been attacked twice, in barely one month – first, on 22 November at about or between 12.40 a.m. and 1.00 a.m., and the second on 29 December, 2012 at about or between the hours of 2.30 a.m. and 6.30 a.m.
 The second attack, according to him, “occurred on December 9, between the hours of 2.30a.m. and 6.30a.m. The two security officers on duty at the security unit at the end of my quarters obviously fled for safety. Within seconds, the attackers appeared to have overpowered the two polytechnic security officers. Though the armed attackers did not break the door into pieces to gain entry, unlike in the first time, intermittently, they were calling my name, saying ‘Femi jade,’ meaning ‘Femi come out.’ Their menacing presence was felt throughout the period stated.”
He added: “As soon as the attackers arrived on 29 December, I called the telephone number of the Chief Security Officer of The Polytechnic, Ibadan. The number did not go through. I called the telephone number of the Control Room of the Security Department. As soon as I told them that armed men were around attacking my family, the connection appeared lost.

No comments: