Friday, January 4, 2013

Nobody can steal my votes again – Akunyili

Former Minister of Communication, Professor Dora Akunyili yesterday spit fire at the Third Ofala festival of the traditional ruler of Ifitedunu, Dunukofia council Area, Anambra State, Igwe Emeka Ilouno, vowing that nobody would succeed in stealing her votes again come 2015 Senatorial election.
Akunyili, who said that she has no intention of contesting for the gubernatorial election in the State, said she would recontest the Senatorial seat by the grace of God.
She advised politicians to take it easy as politics was not a do or die affair.
“I have no intention of running for Governorship seat, what I have run for was Senate and if God keeps me alive I will run for it again”.
“We should stop saying we should do this, we should do that, let us remember to say if God keeps us alive.
"If it is the will of God, the year 2015 is around the corner, I will run for the Senate and this time around let me see how any body can steal my votes again. It is not possible, it cannot happen two times".
It would be recalled that Senator Chris Ngige and Akunyili contested Anambra Central Senatorial district seat which Ngige won but Akunyili described the victory as manipulation adding that her votes were stolen.
It is not clear if Senator Ngige will recontest the Senate seat as he is still believed to eying the Government House as the next Governor come 2014.

No comments: