Monday, January 28, 2013

Undergraduate, 4 others arrested for kidnapping in Ogun

AN undergraduate of the Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, Adesina Adeyinka (25) and four others have been arrested by men of the Ogun State Vigilance Service in connection with the kidnap of one Oluwasogo Peters in Ijebu-Ode area of the state last Thursday.
The suspected kidnappers had demanded a ransom of N25million from the relatives of Peters who was kidnapped at about 8.00p.m in his house located at Iwesi quarters in the town.
Others arrested were  Bode Kolawole, Seun Obakoya(27), Biodun Ajomale and Segun Samuel.
The victim, it was gathered, was returning home after the day’s work and was abducted at the entrance of his home at gunpoint while he was parking his car.
The victim, narrating his ordeal to newsmen, said his abductors forced him into his car booth and drove off to an unknown destination having being blindfolded.
He said he knew that the hoodlums re-fueled his car at a petrol station and sped off to the den’s location.
Peters said, “ I knew they stopped by at a fuel station to buy petroleum product inside the car and continued the journey to a destination I don’t know because they blindfolded me.
“On arrival at the den, I  was tortured and asked to make a call through to my family, while the gang leader, Kolawole, demanded N25million as ransom.”
“They threatened to kill me if my family failed to pay the ransom within 24 hours of my kidnap. I begged them to reduce the ransom to N5m and they agreed.
TRIBUNE

No comments: