Thursday, March 28, 2013

Gunmen storm ex-Oyo SSG’s house, kill security guard


Gunmen

Former Secretary to Oyo State Government, Mr. Ayodele Adigun, on Tuesday escaped assassination by gunmen who stormed his Akobo GRA residence in Ibadan around 9pm.
However, the gunmen killed his night guard who was simply identified as Pa Olapade.
Adigun, who is an Accord Party chief, was away in Ekiti State when the hoodlums struck.
It was gathered that the corpse of the night guard was discovered on Wednesday morning by his colleague, Wasiu Adeniran.
The late guard was said to have been blindfolded before being killed.
Adeniran said, “I was surprised when I arrived  about 7am and knocked on the gate but got no response for almost 30 minutes. We normally resume shifts at 7.00am and 7.00pm.
“Usman, a neighbour’s security guard, advised that I should knock the gate again because it was unusual of him (the late guard) not to come out by that time. I however managed to open the gate from behind.
“As I entered I saw his corpse. He was tied. I quickly raised the alarm and called my master’s secretary and his special assistant.”
Adigun, while reacting on the telephone on Wednesday, said he got a telephone call informing him about his guard’s murder.
He said, “I don’t have deals with anybody. I owe no one and no one owes me any money.
“It is a dangerous trend that this kind of thing is happening again in this state. Apparently they were after me because we learnt that they came about 9pm when they calculated that my visitors would have left and I would be relaxing.”
Adeniran said the gunmen accessed the house by scaling the fence from the back. He explained that the hoodlums used a ladder to climb the fence to escape.
It was learnt that the deceased’s corpse had been deposited at the Adeoyo Maternity and State Hospital Yemetu, while the matter was reported at the Akobo Police Station.
Divisional Police Officer at the station was not around during our correspondent’s visit. A police officer confirmed that the case was reported at the station and that investigation was on.
PUNCH

No comments: