Thursday, May 16, 2013

'I killed my father because he did not love me'

An 18 year old drop out of the University of Ilorin is now being quizzed by detectives at the State Criminal Investigation Department Panti Yaba, Lagos for allegedly stabbing his father to death.
The suspect identified as Olanrewaju Kayode on worker’s day, stabbed his father repeatedly about ten times in the stomach at their duplex resident in Langbasa area of the state.
Olanrewaju who is the first child from the family of six said he stabbed his late father after he refused to take actions when his mum complained to him that he was down with fever.
His words: “It happened around 10.00pm. Everybody was in the living room, watching television. I told my mum that I have not been feeling well. She then went to my Daddy and told him what I said. But instead of him to say anything, he just walked into his room. That moment, I got angry and went straight to the kitchen to get a knife and went into my Daddy’s room and stabbed him.”
Olanrewaju who stated that he had a bad feeling that his father never loved or cared about him, said he was forced to study geology at the university by his father as against his wish to study engineering.
The suspect who dropped out of the remedial classes in University of Ilorin said his father had forced him to work as a labourer on building sites ever since he couldn’t meet up with the university remedial requirements.
Olanrewaju who said he now regretted his actions allegedly locked himself inside the house after stabbing his father before he was arrested by the police.
The mother of the suspect Mrs Kayode however stated that his son was under the influence of an evil spirit.

No comments: