Saturday, June 29, 2013

DOG BREEDER IN CAGE FOR DISTRIBUTING UNILAG GIRL"S NUDE PHOTOS ON NET

The Lagos State Police command have arrested a young man who kidnapped a female undergraduate of the University of Lagos State, Akoka, stripped her naked and beat her black blue for refusing to date him.
The suspect, identified as Babajide Bashorun, 22, a dog breeder, did not only stripped and beat the 22-year-old girl, but also raped and took snaps shot of her nudity.
Few days later, the pictures were all over the internet. The picture had the name and surname of the girl, her university, age, department and course of study.
Before the girl knew what was happening, people were stopping her in the campus to tell her they had seen her nude pictures on the internet.
The tensed situation finally came to a head after her relations in overseas saw the pictures and called her parents. It was gathered that the parents broke down and wept.
Bashorun had since been arrested by detectives at t
he Adeniji Adele Police Station.
The detectives are however hunting for two undergraduates of the University of Lagos, Akoka, identified as Aje Mayowa, 400level, studying Architecture and his partner, one Babajide Ademuyiwa, also 400level, Architecture student, for their complicity in the crime.
According to Bashorun, after he took the snap shots of the girl, he sent them to Mayowa, who sent it to Ademuyiwa. Ademuyiwa made sure the pictures were distributed on the internet.
Detectives from Adeniji Adele Police Station are working on the theory that Bashorun told the duo of Mayowa and Ademuyiwa to distribute the nude pictures on net, but the suspect insisted that he only sent the pictures to Mayowa, but did not tell anyone to distribute the pictures on the internet.
Asked why he sent the pictures to Mayowa, he kept mute.
The drama started in April 2013, but was blown open June, when a family member called the girl’s parents from USA.
The girl who had kept her kidnap, beating and rape subsequently  finally opened up to her parents about what happened in April. The parents had immediately rushed down to Adeniji Adele Police Station, to report the crime.
Narrating the incident of how she was kidnapped, the girl said:
“Jide (suspect) came to our house to treat our dog. He asked for my BB number and phone number. I gave him because he was friendly and I saw him as a friend. We became friends. Then he suddenly started calling me. He said he wanted to date me, but I told him that I already had somebody I was dating. I love this guy that I’m dating. But Jide kept calling me, saying he wanted to marry me. But he’s not even my type. He kept monitoring my moment. Even the guy I’m dating does not monitor my movement that much.
“I deleted him from my BB and phone. I was returning home for the weekend one day, when a car drove and blocked me at Idumota bus stop. Jide was in the car. Someone else was driving. When I saw it was Jide, I hissed and made to walk away. But he held my hand, dragged me closer and showed me a gun under the waist band of his trouser.
“He dragged me into the car and took me to his house. He started beating me and tore my clothes. He and his friend raped me. As he was beating me, he kept asking me what was it I wanted that he couldn’t  give me.
“He said I should unlock my phone. My password is my boy friend’s name. He started beating me again because I used my boy friend’s name as my password. He gave me his phone to speak to friends. They threatened me. They told me that they were cultists. They said they would kill me for treating their friend badly. I was afraid.
“He used bottle to hit me on my head and forehead. He hit me repeatedly on my back.  When he wanted to take my picture, I tried to cover my face but he started beating me. He took different snap shots of me.
“When he saw that I was bleeding, he stopped beating me. He started begging me. He said he was sorry, he didn’t know what came over him. He said he didn’t mean to take things that far. The second friend, who raped me with him, had since left.
“I laid down crying. He asked me what I would eat, I said nothing. I told him I was not hungry. I begged him to allow me call my mother. I wanted my mother badly. I used to be close to my father, but he was not around. And since he married another wife, we’ve drifted apart.
“Jide wouldn’t allow me to call my mother. I begged him to delete my nude pictures from his phone, but I guessed he didn’t. He used one of his shirts to cover my body. In the morning, he said he was going to buy some drugs for me.
“After he left, I tried the door and was surprised to discover it was unlocked. I was going home for the weekend when he kidnapped me. I had some of my dirty clothes in my bag. I quickly changed into one of those clothes and ran out of the apartment.
“The first person I saw when I got home was my elder brother. When he saw the blood on me, he shouted and asked what happened to me, I told him that I had an accident. When my mother saw me, I told her I fought with a fellow female student, who used to smoke Indian hemp. She wanted to go to school with me but I asked her how many people had she seen who used to follow their undergraduate children to school.
“When Jide discovered I had escaped, he called and threatened me. He said that if I tell anybody what he had done  to me, that he would kill me. He was a cult member. I didn’t want anything to happen to any member of my family, thus I didn’t tell my family. As Jide was calling and threatening me, his friends were also doing the same.”
Bashorun and his friends would have gotten away with the crime, but for the discovery of the nude pictures on the internet by family members in USA.
The girl’s mother said: “When Jide discovered that we now knew of the crime, he called a family friend, threatening that he and his cult members would come down to our house and burn it down. It was a terrible that day! We couldn’t sleep. We embarked on a night vigil.”
Bashorun also have his defence. According to him, he and the girl had been dating for long and he had spent a lot of money on her.
He  denied beating her in April, insisting that they only fought, but “I didn’t beat her.”
Explaining that he was shocked by his arrest and the girl’s claims, he said: “She is my girl friend. We fought in April and had since settled. I have begged her and she has forgiven me. What happened in April was that she asked me for money, that she wanted to buy I Pad. Its cost is about a hundred thousand. She’s always asking for money. And I always try my best to satisfy her.
“I ran around to raise the money to buy the I Pad for her. I was able to raise about N70, 000. She came to my house to collect the money. I started talking to her, telling her to change her ways. I didn’t like the fact that she was always going to club, prostituting. We now fought. I used floor mop to hit her on her back. I now took her pictures. I sent the pictures to my friend, but I didn’t tell him to distribute the pictures on internet.”
On June 24, 2013, Jide was charged to Tinubu Court 5, Lagos lsland. He was charged on six counts: kidnapping, rape, conspiracy, and attempt to commit murder, indecent assault, and assault occasioning harm.
Jide pleaded not guilty to the charge. He was granted bail with three Sureties, the sum of N250,000.00 each, with three years tax clearance.
The case was adjoined to July 10, 2013.

No comments: