Saturday, March 2, 2013

Man jailed for stealing mortar, pestle

A magistrate’s court sitting in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, has sentenced a 45-year-old motorcyclist, Sola Oniyide, to two years imprisonment for stealing items worth N14,000, including a mortar and pestle.
The convict, who pleaded guilty to a two-count charge of breaking, entering and stealing, was sentenced to imprisonment by Magistrate Idowu Olayinka without an option of fine.
The convict said, “My lord, please have mercy on me, I have a wound on my backside, whenever it itches  me, I find myself stealing.”
According to the police Prosecutor, Inspector Augustine Ozimini, the offence committed last December at Isaga Orile area in Abeokuta contravened sections 411, 383, 390 (9) of the Criminal Code Laws of Ogun, 2006.
He said that the convict broke into the house of one Paul Olusegun and stole a mortar, pestle, generator and a DVD player all valued at N 14,000.
The convict with no fixed address had no legal representation.

No comments: