Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Four-year-old girl disappears on way to hairstylist in Lagos

Juliana Francis

A distraught mother, Fatima Adedokun, has urged Nigerians to join her in searching for her missing daughter.


According to her, her four-year-old daughter, Pamilerin Babatunde, went missing on February 16, at about 3pm.

The little girl was said to have gone missing after she was asked to go to their hairstylist’s shop, which was stone’s throw from their house at No. 3,  Agboola Street, Lambo Lasunwo road, LASPOTECH First Gate, Ikorodu area of Lagos State. Today makes it five days that Pamilerin went missing.
Fatima, who is physically challenged, narrated: “It was after I went to the hairstylist’s shop to find out why she was taking too long that I discovered she had gone missing. The hairstylist was supposed to send her home after she was through with the hair. She left home since 3pm. I went to check her and was shocked when the hairstylist told me that Pamilerin never came to her shop. It was at that point it dawned on me that my daughter had been abducted.”
Asked why she allowed Pamilerin to go to the hairstylist’s shop alone, Fatima said that the shop was close to home and that because of her condition, she often had to allow Pamilerin to go to the hairstylist alone.

A tearful Fatima explained: “It wasn’t my wish for her to be going there alone, but I had no choice because of my condition. I’m physically challenged and I wanted her to start doing some things by herself so she can be able to assist me. I have taken her to the salon and she has been going there before that day. She left home around 3 pm on Sunday and we’ve not seen her since.”

Pamilerin's mother also revealed that the case has been reported at the Sagamu Road Police Station in Ikorodu, the Ogijo Police Station as well as a community radio station based in Ikorodu. Fatima said anyone with useful information on how to find Pamilerin should contact her via 08036137590 or 07033018519.

No comments: