Monday, May 18, 2020

I didn’t kill my brother’s twins for money ritual, says teenager

Juliana Francis
An 18-year-old boy, Kelvin Uzor, has been arrested for allegedly killing his relative’s identical twins for money making ritual in Delta State.

The Police accused Uzor of killing the seven-year-old boys and then removing their penis, eyes, tongues and hands, which he allegedly hurriedly took to a native doctor in Anambra State.
Kelvin, however, has denied killing the twins, insisting that it was his friend, Onuwa Olisah, that killed the twins. Incidentally, Onuwa’s 11-year-old brother, Iweka Olisah, has also confessed to seeing his elder brother with a bloodied machete.
Kelvin said that his only crime was in attending the meeting with Onuwa and others, where they deliberated on how to carry out money making ritual.
He claimed to have backed out of the devilish plan at the last minutes, burying his dreams of becoming rich.
His words: “My hope was to make money, drive big cars and build a house. I wanted to become a young chief because most of these young boys did not work as hard as I did and now they are millionaires. I’m a farmer and its hard work. I was not even making enough money for myself. This was why I agreed to be part of the meeting. Onuwa convinced me that was the fastest way to become rich. He said that most of our colleagues made money through that means. My greatest mistake was that I did not inform my family when Onuwa suggested that we should use the twins. I love those twins so much and their parents are nice. When we were making arrangement who to use, Onuwa mentioned the twins, I cautioned him, but I didn’t know he would still go ahead with his plan. I have begged my brother to hold on until Police arrest Onuwa for him to know that I had nothing to do with the murder of the twins.”
Since the kidnap and subsequent murder of the twins, Onuwa, who is a neighbour in the community, has since disappeared into thin air.
When Kelvin heard about the murder of the twins, he had fled; fueling suspicion that he was among those that killed the twins. He was later tracked and arrested by Operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team (IRT).
Kelvin was arrested on March 20, at about 12pm. He was busted in a combine operation between IGP Tactical Unit, Abuja (TIU) and IRT Unit, Asaba, Delta State.
Kelvin was arrested at Oko-Ogbele Community, Delta State. Kelvin is suspected to have masterminded the abduction and killing of Chiagozie and Chidalu Agwunobi, at Oko Ogbele community in Delta State.
One of the investigators involved in the arrest of Kelvin revealed that the Unit received information about the abduction of the twins on March 5. They were taken from their father’s house.
On March 8th, the twins’ mutilated bodies were found in the bush. Their eyes, hands and penis had been cut off.
The investigator said: “We began investigation and generated enough Intel, which led to the arrest of Kelvin Uzor. He confessed that he and three others, now at large, carried out the killings. According to him, they killed the twins for money making ritual. He said that a native doctor in Aguleri town of Anambra State asked them if they wanted to be rich, they should bring certain human parts. The native doctor asked them to bring body parts of children below ages 12. If they succeed, he would make them wealthy. The grieving parents of the twins have come to collect their remains and deposited same at Igbuzor General Hospital. IRT Operatives are however, still trailing other fleeing members of the gang.”
Iweka was alleged to have witnessed the murder of the twins. He explained that he was contacted by his elder brother, Onuwa, to assist in luring the twins out of their school.
Iweka, a primary four pupil, recounted: “On March 5, at about 6.30am, my elder brother Onuwa Ajei Olisah asked me if I would be going to school that day, I said yes. He asked if I could help him to bring out the twins from the school before the school closes that day, I told him that our teacher wouldn’t agree. That same day when I returned from school, I saw Onuwa placing a well sharpened cutlass on the table where he was eating. It was later that same night that I heard from the community that the children had gone missing. Their bodies were found in the bush after three days.”
The grieving father of the twins, Oliseh Agwunobi, 52, is a farmer and has seven children.
Agwunobi said: “The bodies of my children, Chiagozie and Chidalu Agwunobi, were found inside a bush. In the morning of March 5, Onuwa came to my house and asked if my children would be going to school. He asked his younger brother to assist him to bring my children out of school that he wanted to take them somewhere. Later in the day, he went to their school to try and take them, but he was chased away by their teacher. He waited for them at home, and then as soon as they returned from school, Onuwa came to the house. He asked them to follow him to the stream. I believed that it was while they were on their way that he brought out the cutlass and killed them. According to his brother, he ran back home with his hands covered in blood. He then asked his younger brother to pour water on his hands as he washed his machete. After that, he went to the house of Nwaolise Uzor. Both of them went to Anam. It was after I returned home later that day with my wife that I realised my twins were missing. It was while I was running around, frantically searching for them, that Iweka told me that Onuwa took my children. Onuwa ran away, but we were able to find Nwaolisa Uzor who told us where their bodies were dumped. We went there and found their mutilated bodies. Their eyes, tongues and hands had been cut off.”
The prime suspect, Kelvin, said: “My parents are framers. I dropped out of school after primary school because my parents did not have money to further my education. It was one of my friends, Chukwudi Ogbunaigwe, who told me that there was a place we could go for money ritual in Anambra State. We later told Onuwa. I told them then that I was not involved, that if they wanted to do it, they could go ahead. I also told them that if they were successful, I would be happy for them. I never knew that it was my brother’s children they had planned to kidnap and kill. Initially, Onuwa went to their school, but the teacher refused to allow him to take them from school. His brother said that he saw him with a bucket and machete. I was sleeping when he called, saying that he killed the twins. Immediately I heard about it, I ran away because there were rumours that Onuwa is my friend and that they saw us several times together having meetings. I ran away and was in Anambra when Police tracked and arrested me. After killing the twins, he told us that he took the bodies to a man in Delta State, but the man told him that he doesn’t do money ritual. He later called me when the heat was much, to tell me where he dumped the bodies. Now the Police have concluded that I was the person that killed the twins. He took the twins body parts to Aguleri in Anambra to one herbalist. I’m hoping that the Police will catch Onuwa, so that he can clear my name.”
Kelvin said that it was easy for Onuwa to pick the children because he lives in the same community with them and the children knew him. They trusted and used to play with him.
Kelvin said: “He’s well known in our area and they relate well with him. In our area, children are allowed to play around because no one expects bad things to happen. Onuwa house is close to our area, so the twins normally go there to play, which was why it was easy for him to take them out without people noticing. Initially, Onuwa wanted to use an old woman, Nne Amaka, but I pleaded with him not to because she’s nice. She is very generous. If you are passing by and beg her for water, she’ll give you, and then add food. I never knew that Onuwa concluded in his mind to kill my brother’s twins. I feel bad because he betrayed and took my family members. I’m begging young men that money ritual does not pay. Let them not be deceived by quick money. One day, Police will surely catch Onuwa and others. If not that I was in that meeting, I wouldn’t be here, I wouldn’t be in this situation today. I’m a hardworking man, well known. Even when my name was mentioned, a lot of people came out said that I was not part of those that killed the twins. people were shocked that my name was mentioned. I’m terribly sorry that I even thought of it. I’m begging the family of my brother to forgive me and believe my story.”



No comments: