Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Father kidnaps 9-year-old son to raise money for mistress's hair dressing saloon

Juliana Francis
The State Security Service (SSS) Lagos State Command has held a man
and his lover for allegedly organizing the kidnap of his nine-year-old
son in order to raise money for his girl friend’s hair dressing
saloon.
The man Adeyinka Adebayo and his girl friend, Alonge were said to have
organized the kidnap of the little boy to make money.
The man who was paraded with his lover, at the SSS office
Shangisha,Lagos by the State Director off the service, Mr Victor
Olaye-Achu  explained  that his girlfriend sold the Idea of kidnapping
his only son to him.
Adebayo said: "It’s true, I kidnapped my son. My girl friend has some
problems and she demanded for money. I told her I did not have and she
suggested we should kidnap my son. I bought the idea. I said it’s a
good deal as my church members and friends would assist. Alonge wanted
to kidnap him in the school but I told her not to do it there as it
may backfire, so she picked him in my house in Lagos and took him to
Illesha in Osun State. I sent her N3, 500 recharge cards which she
sold and used the proceeds to be buy food which she used in feeding
herself and my son. I also paid for her transportation.
"To make the kidnapping look genuine, I reported the ‘kidnap’ to the
Police and the SSS, unaware that I was digging my grave. My Church
members and friends rallied round me. They paid in some money. My
problem was that I have no bank account and my girl has none too. I
contacted one of my friends whom I lied to, that some of my friends
wanted to give me money. He gave me his account number, while I told
my girl to do the negotiation. We started with N350, 000, but we later
agreed for N250, OOO which my church members and other sympathizers
paid into the account. It was when we went to cash the money that we
were arrested.
"I feel very much sorry because I extorted my friends and Church
members. I feel ashamed that I kidnapped my son. I know he will never
forgive me if he knows that I arranged his kidnap. I think the Devil
used the girl to bring shame to me.”
Alonge denied selling such an idea to her lover. She said: "My
boyfriend called me that he had an Idea on how to raise money for my
Saloon and his Vulganizing job. I played along with him. I’m surprised
that he is saying that I brought the idea. He did and I played the
game the way he dictated.”
The Director SSS warned members of public on the way they pay ransom
to kidnappers, adding that the Command received a report from Adebayo
that his son Emmanuel was kidnapped in his house on Solomon
Street,Ilu_Nla,Aradagun,in Badagry Local Government Area and the
command swung into action.
Achu said investigators confirmed the kidnap of the little boy by one
Kehinde Alonge who had demanded for a ransom of N350,000 and that the
money should be paid into UBA account number 2050908899. The account
was later discovered to be owned by one Faloye.
He revealed that Faloye and Alonge were arrested at Ilesha,Osun State
while trying to collect the ransom.
According to him, during interrogation, Alonge confessed that she
abducted the boy and further revealed that she was lured to do so by
Adebayo.
He said following the confession of Alonge,the father of the victim
was arrested and surprisingly, he admitted using his Alonge to abduct
his son with a view to use the incident to extort money from
sympathizers and friends.

No comments: