Monday, October 7, 2019

I was infatuated with her, says man that defiled 13-year-old girl

Daniel Atori, Minna

The Niger State Police Command has arrested a 25-year-old man, Abdullahi Umar, for allegedly defiling a 13-year-old girl in Angwan Tukura, Kontagora Local Government Area of the state.


Umar, who was said to have carried out the act after the victim returned from buying him sachet water, explained that he did it because he was infatuated with the victim. Umar allegedly dragged the minor into an Islamic Primary School premises, located at Angwan Yamma and had his way with her.

Our correspondent gathered that Umar had been nursing the idea of defiling the victim for long. An opportunity presented itself on September, 29, 2019.

While speaking with our correspondent, Umar said: “I was completely infatuated with her. I didn’t have any other option that to have sex with her. It's true; I forcibly had sex with her because that was the only opportunity I had. I didn’t want to miss it. I dragged her to the Islamic primary school very close to my house and had my way with her."

The Niger State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Muhammad Abubakar, said that the suspect has confessed to the crime.  Abubakar said that the suspect was arrested by a team of Policemen attached to B Division Kontagora. The image maker added that the suspect would soon be arraigned in court.

No comments: