Thursday, March 30, 2017

Alfa: Yes, I belong to Ogboni fraternity, but I didn’t kill toddler



The 32-year-old Islamic cleric, Kazeem Allison, who was accused of killing three-year-old- boy Chiagozie Okereke for ritual purpose at White Sand area of Isheri Oshun, Lagos State, last Tuesday, has denied the allegation.

Kazeem said that members of  Ogboni fraternity, don’t kill. He said: “What we do is to pray for ourselves and family members. It’s against our rule to kill fellow human beings.”
The suspect was alleged to have given Simon N500 to lure the toddler to an uncompleted building in the community, where he was killed.
...where Chiagozie was alleged to have been killed
Kazeem said: “On that fateful day, I went to drop my wife off. She was going to a birthday party. I returned home. It was not up to 20 minutes after I returned home, I heard people shouting. The shouting was close to my house. They were shouting that someone had been killed. I stepped out to check what was going on; I saw a young boy with two policemen.
“After seeing the crowd, I went back into my apartment to continue my rest. Simon led the policemen to an uncompleted building. A few minutes later, what I saw was policemen and Simon knocking on my door, pointing at me. They said I was the one who sent Simon to bring the deceased.”
Kazeem added: “The little boy also told the police that I had a knife and tied the boy with red clothes. What they found in my house was just kitchen knife and Ogboni regalia. I didn’t give Simon N500 to bring the deceased to my house.”
According to Kazeem, he was initiated into Ogboni fraternity by his parents. He said that he had never witnessed his parents killing anyone and so, wouldn’t do such.
He said: “I’m not even an Islamic cleric! I have never attended any Islamic school. How is it possible for me to be called an Alfa? I don’t know why Simon pointed at me. I have been living in that community for seven years now, but I have never witnessed such a gruesome murder.
“I don’t even know the parents of the late child. I have my own children; how can I send someone to bring another person’s son for ritual? I’m satisfied with what God has given me. I’m not a greedy person.”
A police source said that when Simon was interrogated separately, he insisted that it was Kazeem who sent him to bring Chiagozie. Simon told police that the alleged Alfa came to pick him and Chiagozie at the front of their compound in a green car.
Incidentally, Kazeem also has a green car. Police have impounded the car.  
Kazeem said: “Since I have been in cell at the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), some detainees have turned me into a punching bag. They beat me day and night. They said I’m wicked for killing the boy and denying it. I don’t know anything about the boy’s death. As I speak with you now,  I can’t see clearly with my left eye because of the incessant beatings from detainees. I have accepted whatever I’m going through as my fate.”

No comments: