Sunday, March 26, 2017

‘We asked victim to kneel down, beheaded her’




*Suspect: Three of my kids died after my first kill
 *One Chance: ‘We carried victim as passenger, beheaded her’

A 55-year-old suspect, Toafeek Adam, who was caught in possession of a decapitated woman head and other body parts, has revealed how he and members of his gang, used a passenger bus to carry a woman and later chopped off her head for ritual purpose.

Adam, who is presently singing like a bird in police custody, said that he works with Islamic clerics and herbalists.
He also confessed that three of his children died mysteriously, soon after he killed his first female victim.
He said: “A few months after I killed the first woman, I lost three of my children consecutively. I believe God is using the death of my children to punish me. I regret my action. God should forgive and have mercy on me.”
According to him, after killing the woman, he was paid N8000

He disclosed that he was paid N4000 for participating in this latest kill that landed him in police custody.
Recounting this latest killing, Adam said that the victim was killed near Ikoga River in Badagry area of Lagos on Tuesday. He, two herbalists and an Islamic cleric took part in the killing.
He noted that the deceased boarded a commercial bus at Sango-Ota, heading to Badagry. The herbalist and the Islamic cleric were in the bus, posing as passengers. One of them sprayed a powder like substance in the bus and the woman soon fell into a deep sleep.
Adam said:  “Baba Ronke is an herbalist. He lives in Badagry. I sell firewood and coconut at Badagry; that’s where we met and became friends. Baba Ronke came to call me that they have brought another woman to be killed. He said I should come and join them.
“The woman was brought from Sango-Ota to Badagry by the herbalist and the Islamic cleric, who are both friends of Baba Ronke. They brought her for spiritual cleansing. When we got to the river, the Islamic cleric and the herbalist promised to pay me N4, 000 after the operation.”
When the herbalist, Islamic cleric and Baba Ronke came to him, he led them to the river, where the killing would take place.
When they got to the river, Baba Ronke asked her to kneel down. The victim, who appeared to have lost her consciousness, calmly knelt down.
Adam said: “Immediately she knelt down, I brought out my knife and slaughtered the woman from behind; blood started gushing out from her neck. Baba Ronke brought out another knife and cut out the woman’s heart, two hands and head. We started the operation around 9a.m. and finished by 11a.m. The Islamic cleric had already collected her phone and handbag, which contained some money.”
Adam said that he was paid N8, 000 for killing another woman in the same forest. Just like this latest killing, he was also contracted by Baba Ronke for the job.
The suspect continued: “The Islamic cleric couldn’t go with the parts. He begged me to bring it to him at Sango. I was going to deliver it when policemen arrested me. The police saw me with the sack and became alerted because of the dripping blood. They ordered me to stop, opened the sack and saw the human parts.
“When I was arrested, I begged the policemen not to alert the Islamic cleric, who was still around the area. Immediately the Alfa noticed I have been arrested, he bolted.”
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, said the victim boarded a vehicle from Sango-Ota and fell into the hands of the ritual killers. He noted that the victim’s family had been contacted.
Owoseni said: “We have contacted the victim’s family members. They confirmed she boarded a commercial bus at Sango-Ota, heading to Badagry. We’re going to get to the root of the matter and arrest the buyers of the body parts.  It’s case of One-Chance. The victim was dismembered. The victim’s remains have been deposited at the mortuary. I urge commuters not to board unregistered vehicles. They should also stop boarding commercial vehicles along the roadside.”

No comments: