Monday, March 6, 2017

Murder in church: ‘Killers raped my mom, smashed her head with pestle’



The daughter of the woman, who was murdered inside a church, at Agbowa, Ikosi Ejirin Local Council Development Area of Lagos State, along with her two grandchildren and housemaid, has disclosed the last moments of her family horrifying death.

The daughter, Miss Abiodun Kokoroaye, 26, revealed that the killers raped her mom before shattering her head with a pestle. The killers also smashed the heads of the three youngsters.
She said: “The assailants striped my mother and removed the cross hanging around her waist before they raped her. The assailants killed my mother, my son, my elder brother’s daughter and our housemaid. My stepmother phoned my husband that something terrible had happened. Immediately, I dashed over to check my mother before the arrival of the policemen. What I saw that shocked me me. There was semen in her private part. After raping her, they picked one of the clothes in the room to cover her private part and left her face open.”
Last week, the deceased, Mrs. Olayinka Kokoroaye 53, and her children, Christiana Kokoroaye, five, Inumidun Yusuf, five and Deborah-Thomos, 11 were sleeping inside a part of the church called Testimony room (Ile- Eri), when the killers attacked.
The incident occurred inside the Cherubim and Seraphim Church premises on Tuesday around 3am at Oshiyemi Street, Mosafejo Community.
Residents said that a similar attack, on a father and his two children was carried out at Olayimika Oluwabiyi Street, in the same community, on the same day. Many believed the killers are the same people.
It was gathered that late Mrs. Olayinka, her two grandchildren and her maid, had already gone to sleep in another part of the room, but decided to change location because of heat.
They moved into the Testimony room, where they all met their death.
Recalling the event, Abiodun said: “I was with her till 9pm before I went to my husband’s house. It was because of her that made me to relocate to the community with my elder brother. After they raped my mother, they used a pestle to smash her head and those of the three children. It was when the policemen arrive that they discovered the pestle. My elder brother, Oluwaseun, was returning from Olayimika Street, where he went to rescue a family that was attacked by the assailants when he saw our father and stepmother on the road weeping. He didn’t know that his own child had been murdered by the killers.”
Abiodun said every member of the family, including herself were shocked when Policemen from Agbowa Police Station arrested Oluwaseun, alleging that he was behind the murder of his mother and the three kids.
According to Abiodun, when policemen were queried on why they arrested Oluwaseun, they claimed to have seen a yellow wrist band on him. They alleged that wrist band used to be worn by cultist members. The police accused him of sending killers to the church.
It was gathered that Oluwaseun asked them why he would ordered anyone to kill his mother and his child.
Before the policemen granted Oluwaseun bail in the sum of N10, 000, they also allegedly collected his two phones and N20, 000.
The family explained that the N20, 000 was demanded by the police for processing of some documents at Ikeja High Court. The family alleged that till date, the police are yet to return Oluwaseun’s two phones.
Abiodun urged the Lagos State Government and the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, to come to the aid of the community as they believed that serial killers were on the loose. She said that many residents have fled their homes for fear of being attacked by the gunmen.
Mrs. Olorunfunmi Kokoroaya, junior wife to Olayinka, said that she would have been killed too, but for the divine intervention of God.
She said: “We were all together until 10pm; when I told my senior wife that I was going into another room to sleep. I was still inside my room when I heard noises from a street close to us around 3am. I came out to check what was happening. My stepson, Oluwaseun, went to the other street to find out what was happening. I stayed outside, waiting for my stepson. I went into the room where the senior wife and children were sleeping to inform her about the development in the community. To my surprise I met her and the three children in a pool of blood.
“Immediately, I raised the alarm, which attracted some members of the community. We also found a pestle, which was stained with blood. There was blood everywhere in the room. We have been in the community for over 15 years; we’ve never witnessed this sort of incident.”
Mr. Oluwaseun Kokoroaye said: “The little girl that was killed alongside my mother was my first daughter. Yet policemen came and arrested me. They said a wrist band, which I used to wear on my wrist, belongs to cultist members. I was arrested and detained for two days. I was bailed with N10, 000 and my two phones were seized.
“I told the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), in charge of Agbowa Police Station, that I didn’t belong to any cult group. He still detained me for offence I didn’t know anything about. I want police to investigate this case very well.”
When the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) ASP, Olarinde Famous –Cole was contacted over the matter, he said the case was under investigation.
Reacting to Oluwaseun’s allegation, Cole urged him to make an official report against Agbowa Policemen.

No comments: