Wednesday, September 19, 2018

I planned my abduction with my lover to get money from my husband

Taiwo Jimoh
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a housewife, who planned her abduction with her lover, in order to get money from her husband.

The woman, Hadijat Kabiru, 45, after planning and executing the abduction, allowed her lover, Luqmon Ahmed, to bargain with her husband, Alhaji Kabiru Muraino, on the amount of ransom to pay.
Luqmon, posing as one of those that abducted Hadijat, demanded for N15million ransom from Muraino.
Luqmon allegedly took Hadijat to Ado-Odo Otta, in Ogun State and lodged her in a hotel. He then called Muraino and demanded for the ransom.
The police said that after discussing how to execute the abduction with Luqmon, Hadijat left home on that fateful day, telling people that she was going to a psychiatric hospital at Oshodi to take care of their daughter Hamidat Kemi, who was suffering from mental illness.
Muraino didn’t know that Hadijat had planned her own abduction with her lover and an herbalist. The woman explained that she faked her own abduction because her husband refused to take good care of her and her children.
She said: "Nobody kidnapped me. I deliberately went to hide in a friend’s house in order to collect money from my husband. I told him to give me N500, 000, but he refused. I don't intend to lie; it was frustration that led me into it. I didn't demand for N15million from him! What I asked my husband was just N500, 000. My aged parents needed money and I couldn't give assist them. What my husband does is to be flirting around with women. He abandoned me and my children."
She further said: “I’m the only one taking care of my sick daughter and her siblings. My husband didn't care about us. He also had houses across the state without minding how we were feeding. We started together 27 years ago. Unfortunately, when he became rich, he left me and married another wife. Anytime I asked him for money, he would shout at me. He warned me never to come to him again. I expected him to talk to me gently if he didn’t have money. I thought that if I hide myself somewhere, I could make money from him; unfortunately, I was arrested."
The Police also arrested Ahmed Kudos 29, Luqmon’s younger brother. The police also arrested Hadijat Rufai 39, alleged to be in charge of caring for Hadijat until the ransom is paid.
Kudos said: “My elder brother and the woman had been together for long. It was two weeks ago that I saw the woman, her daughter and two other persons with my brother at Ado-Odo. But I didn’t know what they came to do on that fateful day. The following day, after I saw them, my brother called me on phone to come and meet him somewhere. When I got to where he asked me to meet him, I asked him why he was not going to his house. While I was speaking with my brother, the woman interrupted. She said that she was taking her daughter to an herbalist place in Otta. I advised her to take her to medical hospital. She replied that it was not a hospital issue.”
Kudos further said: “On Saturday, when I went to check the woman at the hotel, I met my brother talking to the woman's husband on phone, demanding N15million. It was in the process I collected the phone from my brother and advised the husband to pay them the money so that his wife and daughter would be released. It was on Sunday, while I was preparing to go to mosque to pray that policemen arrested me.”
Stating her own side of the story, Rufai denied knowing Hadijat. She said she had never met Hajidat until the day she was brought to the hotel.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Mr. Edgal Imohimi said: “On August 2, Alhaji Kabiru Muraino  of Governor's road, Ikotun, reported at Ikotun Police Station that his wife, Hadijat Kabiru and his daughter Hamidat Kemi, who is of unsound mind, were kidnapped same day on their way to psychiatric hospital. The following day, he received a phone call from someone, who demanded for a sum of N15m before they would release them. I directed the Anti-Kidnapping Squad to ensure speedy rescue of the hostage and arrest of the suspects.”
The CP added:  “Investigation revealed that the kidnappers were making their demands from a community in Ado-Odo Otta Local Government Area of Ogun State. The operatives quickly mobilized to the area and smashed the camp of the kidnappers. The ‘hostages’ were rescued and two other persons were arrested. Other members of the gang escaped. But the woman confessed that she planned her own abduction with the suspects, in order to defraud her husband. Our men are working on arresting the herbalist, Wasiu Rufai, Luqmon Ahmed and Jossy.”

No comments: