Wednesday, September 19, 2018

‘Why my UK based younger sister hired assassins to kill me’

Stanley Ihedigbo

A 60-year-old woman, Gladys Osaigbovo-Omon, has revealed why her UK based younger sister, Augusta Osaigbovo, hired assassins to eliminate her.

Incidentally, Augusta knew the black sheep of the family; and that is Mr. Osaro Okonobom. Okonobom, a commercial bus driver can do anything for money. Augusta contacted her nephew Okonobom and he accepted the job.
Okonobom explained that he was contacted by Glady’s younger sister, Augusta, to find a killer that would silence Gladys.  Okonobom was later arrested with another commercial bus driver identified as Lucky Oboh.
Recalling the events that led to the arrest of Okonobom and Oboh, Gladys said: “My younger sister, Augusta, who took my daughter to UK. When she was taking her, she didn’t ask me for money. But when they got there, she started demanding money from me. She said I should pay her for taking my daughter overseas. Augusta prepared m fake travelling papers for my daughter. When she got there, she was not able to get any good job. Augusta wanted my daughter to work as a prostitute, which she refused. Since then, Augusta had not been speaking with me. She then went to hire people to kill me. But God revealed this to me. She used UK Police against my daughter, but as God would have it, everything turned against Augusta. I called and asked if she used police against my daughter, who is actually her niece. She told me that they would return my daughter’s dead body to me in Nigeria. I said God forbid!”
Gladys said that on July 15th, Okonobom, her nephew, whom had never spoken with her in a long while, suddenly called her, just to greet her.
Gladys said: “On July 17, two men came into my shop, where I sell food, to ask for food. I served them very well. Later, the same people came to tell me that Okonobom sent them to me to kill me. They said that because I was good to them, they couldn’t carry out the deed. When they asked Okonobom why he wanted to kill me, he said it was pure business. That was how we contacted the police.”
The two suspects were arrested by detectives attached to the Igando Divisional Police Headquarters, led by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), Mr. Taiwo Kasumu.
The suspects were said to have been arrested in Benin City, Edo State.
According to Okonobom, his greed led him into taking sides with Augusta to contract people to kill Gladys.
Okonobom said: “Augusta called me one day, saying that Gladys’s daughter caused her a lot of troubles in UK. She said that Gladys, when she was told of the issue, took sides with her daughter. This angered Augusta. It was Augusta that took Gladys’ daughter from Benin to UK, for a better life. Augusta insisted that I should assist her to kill Gladys. I told her that I couldn’t kill her. I don’t know anyone in Benin City that can kill for money.”
Okonobom, a father of six children, further recounted: “Since she discussed the issue with me, Augusta had been disturbing me to kill for her, that she would something for me. She told me that she didn’t trust anyone to do the job well, except me. I later contacted Oboh to do the job for me. Unfortunately, I was arrested.”
Oboh explained: “I have never killed anyone before. I contacted Igbinedion Ogbevon to do the job for my friend. Ogbevon advised that we should collect the money and run away, rather than kill. I was shocked when I saw Ogbevon with police.”
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Edgal Imohimi said that on July 26, the police rounded up a gang that was planning to assassinate Gladys.
Imohimi said: “The crux of the matter was a case of human trafficking gone awry.  To make it clearer, Gladys and Augusta are siblings. The eldest is Gladys. However, a time came when Gladys begged her younger sister, Augusta to take her daughter, Mercy Omon overseas for better life. While at the UK, it dawned on Mercy that her aunt is a leader of a prostitution ring and had recruited her into prostitution. Mercy refused to submit herself to prostitution, prompting Augusta to give her up to police authorities in the UK.  Mercy wriggled out of the trouble and convinced the UK police that her travail was caused by Augusta who brought her to London with job promises unknown to her that she had ulterior motives. 
“The police now turned against Augusta and jailed her. When Augusta finished her jail term, she complained to her sister Gladys, that Mercy, whom she brought from the village to help, has ruined her. Feeling that Gladys was supporting Mercy, Augusta decided to hire assassins to eliminate her sister.”
According to the CP, the police got a whiff of the plans to kill Gladys and planted two agents’, Igbinedion Ogbevon and Success Ehiosun, to play along with the hired assassins.
Imohimi further said: “The gang assembled and were paid N500, 000 by Augusta as a mobilization for the job. The suspects went to Benin-City in Edo State and identified Gladys, after which they returned to Lagos and requested Augusta to give them the balance of N4, 000,000. It was at this stage that they were rounded up.”

No comments: