Sunday, December 30, 2018

My wife had sex with our son, herbalist tells court

Stanley Ihedigbo
The Igando Customary Court, sitting in Lagos State, has dissolved a 23-year-old marriage after an herbalist accused his wife of having sex with one of their sons.

The herbalist, Idris Ibrahim, 50, accused his wife Opeyemi of having sex with their second son, who is just 19-year-old.
The petitioner, Opeyemi, 47, a trader, told the court that her husband, Idris, defamed her by spreading fake news that she was having sex with their second son.
Opeyemi said: “How will I sleep with my son when I am not under a spell?”
Opeyemi, who described Ibrahim as being fetish, said: “There was a day I woke up around 3:00 a.m. and went to my children’s room. When I got there, I saw my husband and his mother covering our youngest son with a red cloth. I shouted and they quickly removed the cloth and ran out of the room.”
The mother of four said that her husband has turned her and the children into a punching bag.
Her words: “My husband is in the habit of beating the children and I. There was a day he hit me with a broom, leaving broomsticks stuck to my body. He is also hostile to the children. He punished them by torturing as if he is not their father.”
Opeyemi said that her husband was fond of sending her packing out of their matrimonial home. She described him as a vandal, who enjoys destroying her property whenever they had a fight. She begged the court to terminate their marriage, stressing that she could no longer cope.
Idris, however, admitted that he had accused his wife of having sex with their second son.
Idris explained: “My mother told me that she caught my wife having sex with our 19-year-old son. I believed her because she could not lie. I beat my wife whenever she erred. She used to go out and returns whenever she likes.”
He pleaded with the court to grant Opeyemi her wish, stressing that he also was no longer interested in the marriage.
The Court President, Mr. Adeniyi Koledoye said that it appeared that the estranged couple was tired of the marriage and that all efforts to reconcile both parties had failed.
 He said: “Since both parties consented to the dissolution of their marriage, this court has no choice than to dissolve the marriage. The court hereby pronounces the marriage between Mrs. Opeyemi Ibrahim and Mr. Idris Ibrahim dissolved today; both of you henceforth cease to be husband and wife. Each of you should go on his or her separate ways unmolested. The court wishes both of you well in your future endeavor. The custody of the last two children, who are still minors, is awarded to the petitioner until they attain the age of maturity to decide where to stay.”
Koledoye ordered that Idris should be paying N10, 000 monthly for the feeding of the two children, who are in the custody of their mother. The court also ordered that Idris should be responsible for their education and general welfare.

No comments: