Friday, March 21, 2014

Wrong sexual signals: Obesere in focus (2)

As I was saying…

A few weeks ago…the news broke out that Alhaji Abass Akande, popularly known as Obesere, raped a lady later identified as Olanike Olaiya.

When the news broke, there was riot in my office.

Some argued in support of Obesere, others in support of Nike.

As for me, I argued for and against suspect (Obesere) and victim (Nike). That Nike even spoke out means she’s brave. Many women had been raped and are still dying in silence.

Understand me, I will never support rape. When a woman says no, she means no. There’s no two ways to interpret no and no two ways to write the word no!


So, I don’t know or understand the part of no, most guys don’t understand when their manhood is standing attention like a soldier on war front and ready to fire!

But I couldn’t help wondering if Obesere was the typical blackmailers prey, prevalent in entertainment industry these days. In this nasty game, celebrity stars are always the scapegoats.

You and I know that such blackmails and set-ups are prevalent in foreign climes, but Nigerians are big in importing and embracing foreign cultures and idea. So why shouldn’t I look at that option?

But whatever might have happened that day, in that house, you can be sure that a lot had to do with wrong sexual signals.

If it’s not wrong sexual signal, then I don’t know what else to say.

Excerpt of course we choose to look at it from Nike’s angle, who even now is claiming that she’s still bleeding; weeks after Obesere raped her and stuck his be-ringed finger into her private part, causing pains and bleeding.

Nike fears that Obesere might have used her for ritual. She couldn’t understand why he inserted his ringed finger into her private part after the rape.

I too fail to understand this…

I mean, he had already raped and satisfy his sexual urges, whether she invited it or not…but what’s with the inserting of the ringed finger into her private?

Let’s all keep our eyes glued to Nike and our ears to the ground. There’s nothing some people wouldn’t do for fame and wealth.

But in an ordinary setting, if the event happened naturally the way we had decoded the story, then it means Obesere in all likelihood, misread Nike’s tacit acceptance to hang around his home for more than five hours, as ‘a come and bang me signal.’

That’s the argument against Nike. If you’re not looking for a cheap bang, why on earth would any sane babe hang in a guy’s house for five hours? So late that it was too late to go home?

Many guys would argue that too. Most guys have a one track mind. Every move a babe makes has a sexual connation to them. Every statement she makes has sexual innuendoes. To them, she’s asking for it.

Thus a lot of guys end up reading wrong sexual signals, to innocuous statements and moves.

Some silly guys would even argue: “How can she say I raped her? If she didn’t want, why did she wear a dress that was showing all her boobs? I believe she wanted it…”

But the thing is this: whether she wanted you to bang her or not, immediately she says no, you should stop and give your turgid manhood a cold shower.

Cold shower can do wonders for any crazy manhood. Sometimes, your manhood may have the better of you, but try and pour iced water on it and see if it would not bow its arrogant head in submission.

Being able to control and restrain your manhood is the yardstick to differentiate the boys from the men.

The boys pay attention to their hormones; the man pays attention to his reputation. A man naturally knows that there are several willing babes out there, just waiting to be plucked and suckled. But the boy thinks of only satisfying his crazy sexual urges at that point in time, irrespective of who gets hurt.

You may even take a willing babe to the bedroom and immediately she catches sight of your manhood, changes her mind…just let her go!

My friend Ihuoma told me that she was deeply into a guy. She believed it was love for her.

She’s a matured woman. She knows that sex is the naturally outgrowth of a relationship between two consenting adults.

So when the guy finally made the move to open and cross her door, she was already holding the door open for him.

When the guy removed his trouser and she saw his manhood, she slammed the door in his face.

She later told us that his manhood was too big. She feared it would have crushed her to death. I tried to reason with her. I asked her if the guy’s manhood was bigger than the head of a new baby…

She simply stared at me for a while, and then snapped: “I beg I say not fit. The thing too big!”

Since she didn’t want to listen, there was no need to tell her that female private parts are elastic.

Anyway, the morale in the story is that immediately Ihuoma slammed the door, the guy accepted her decision and walked out.

Obesere is likely going to get away with this crime. Even though the police have established rape, the case would die a naturally death.

Or what do you guys think?

If it manages to get to court, which is doubtful, it might never get heard. No thanks to our tortoise judicial system.

Listen to what Nike said: “I slept over, but not in his room. He raped me and inserted a ring in my private part. I wouldn’t have gone to the Police if it was just the rape because it was my fault. As an adult, I should have known the danger of passing the night in a stranger’s house.

“I went to the police because I was bleeding and when I informed him about it, he didn’t take me seriously. He asked me to go to a private hospital in Ejigbo. But when I got there, the doctor did not even touch or examined me in any way.

“He just asked that I go for a scan, which is not done in that hospital. I left the hospital in pain and I reported the matter to the police. I wanted the police to be aware of what happened and prosecute him for forcefully having sex with me against my wish.

“I also have to clarify the issue of attempting to blackmail him. From the beginning, I rejected all the money he offered me as settlement. You can ask the DPO at Isolo. He is aware that I rejected all the money he offered me. All I wanted was for him to be prosecuted for taking advantage of me because I slept in his house.

“Also, I wanted him to explain to the Police why he inserted a ring into my private part that made bleed for two weeks and possibly reverse any ritual step he may have taken. As I speak with you, I am still going through pains. After the bleeding stopped, I have continued to have problems with my reproductive organs.

“But what I am getting from the IPO is terrible. He is trying to destroy the case and set Obesere free at the expense of my life and dignity.



“He discarded the medical report from the General Hospital and he upheld that of Obesere’s private hospital, saying their report was the correct one. As I speak with you I am not feeling well at all.”

My dear Obesere, maybe you got the wrong signal; but whatever happens, there’s no excuse for rape. If it was in overseas, you will likely face jail term if doctor’s report finds you guilty.

It’s only three persons that knew what transpired that day: Obesere, Nike and you know the third person…

Be careful, so that you don’t misread a signal and fall into wahala!

No comments: