Sunday, January 8, 2017

I’m expert in stealing motorbikes, says fake soldier

A fake soldier, Benjamin Okon, arrested for impersonation and stealing, has bragged to policemen that he was an expert in stealing motorbikes.

The suspect was arrested by operatives of Special Anti-robbery squad (SARS), Lagos State command.
Okon was arrested on January 1, after some residents, suspicious of his claim of being personnel of the Nigerian Army, alerted the police.
Speaking after his arrest, Okon said: “I’m an expert at snatching motorcycles from unsuspecting members of the public. I usually go to neighbouring states to snatch motorcycles. My receivers always help in selling the stolen motorcycles. I have stolen countless motorbikes, which my accomplices had assisted me to sell. I do travel far and wide across the country to perpetrate this crime. I also robbed and sold looted items to my receivers. Once I bring the motorbikes to him, he pays me off and I move on to steal another one.”
The police said that Okon was fond of intimidating members of the public under the pretense that he is military personnel.

No comments: