Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fire incident: I could have died —OBJ

FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday, said that he could have died if the fire that gutted a section of his palatial mansion in Abeokuta, last Thursday, had occurred at midnight.
He said this while playing host to the executive members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Lagos State chapter, at his hilltop residence.
Obasanjo was full of praises to God for sparing his life for the opportunity to witness a new year, stressing that the smoke that beclouded his room could have killed him.
He said that some consumables were also destroyed by the fire.
“The fire incident which occurred in the office of my private secretary resulted in thick smoke which pervaded my bedroom, if it had happened at night, I would have been a dead person now,” Obasanjo said.
He added that he has continued to receive telephone calls from within and outside Nigeria over the incident.
“I want to thank all, and all those who called me on phone both within and outside the country. Let us appreciate the mercy and kindness of God. There are many we started last year together but they are no more today, we are not mocking them, but to extol God.
“In fact, that I’m able to stand erect is God’s blessing, many of my age group cannot stand well, I’m not mocking them, but I am thanking God. My hope and prayer is that this year 2013 will be a glorious year.”

No comments: