Sunday, September 29, 2013

Father uses pillow to kill his three-months-old baby



Juliana Francis
A father who murdered his three-months-old baby for suspected ritual purposes has been arrested.
The suspect, Polycarp Dajan insisted that he was lured into the act by his friend who took him to an herbalist who gave him the instruction.
Dajan who was held in Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State, admitted to the crime, adding that it was poverty which forced him to carry the crime.
Midway into his explanations of why he killed his baby, Dajan broke down in tears.
He however choked out that the herbalist requested for the tongue of his first baby, which consequently led to the death of his only baby.
Narrating how he killed the baby, Dajan said: "It was in the morning when my wife went out. I used a pillow case to cover the child while he was still sleeping and strangled him death. After that, my conscious started pricking me. I couldn’t stand it. I had to call my wife. I told
her that I had killed our baby. She started crying and the police came and arrested me."
The arrest of Dajan marked the beginning of a remarkable achievement in the fight against crime and rituals activities in the state.


No comments: