Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Police investigate rape of 75 year-old woman



The police in Ekiti State, has launched investigation into the alleged rape of a 75-year-old woman by a 45-year- old man, identified as Lawrence Adedapo.
The woman, Grace Asaolu, insisted that the man pounced on her after inviting her into his home to collect some plantains.
Adedapo on the other hands told policemen that he and Grace were lovers, adding that Grace got angry and decided to report to police because he failed to give her N2000, which he had earlier promised before they had sex that fateful day.
Adedapo was said to have invited the old woman into his room to collect some plantain, which he brought for her from his farm on November 7.
The suspect was said to have taken advantage of the old woman by overpowering her and forcefully had sexual intercourse with her.
Asaolu said: "Lawrence Adedapo is my neighbour. He invited me to come and collect some plantains, but instead he pushed me on his children's bed and forcefully raped me. I later rushed to the police station to report the matter."

The suspect confirmed that he had canal knowledge of the woman but denied forcing her into it.

He claimed that Asaolu was his mistress, adding, "I have known her for. I know her as a widow from Moba Local Government Area of the state. We have known each other over the past 35years and I have been dating her for long. The last time I had sex with her was in April during Easter before meeting her again on November 7. That was the second time we met this year. I did not force her into it and I had her consent before doing it."

On why she reported the matter to the police, Adedapo said, "I promised to give her N2, 000 which she asked for before we did it. But after the sex, I was able to give her only N1, 000. That could be the reason she alleged that I raped her. I later found out that she was bleeding as a result of the sex.

"I did not even release into her because I used my children's room, so I had to rush."

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti Command, Mr. Victor
Babayemi, ASP, said, "In the course of investigation, facts emerged that the suspect knew the victim to be of old age, 75 and in menopause.
"She could not have been bleeding without tampering with her organ. Medical report showed that there was a violent sexual assault on her. She was also said to be distressed with her genital smeared with fresh blood.
"It shows that the suspect invited the woman into his home with criminal intent to have sexual intercourse with her."

No comments: