Sunday, June 24, 2018

Homicide detectives probe client’s attempt to strangle prostitute


Homicide detectives of the Lagos State Police Command are presently trying to find out why a 26-year-old man, Chizoba Ayogu, attempted to use a rope to strangle a teenager.

The teenager, Faith Nol, 18, claimed that Ayogu, while behind her, tried to place a rope around her neck in an attempt to kill her.
She said: “If not for the intervention of the hotel workers here, I would have been dead by now. He closed my mouth and nostril.”
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Edgal Imohimi, said: “On May 24, a distress call was received from Wellwood Hotel Ajangbadi. The duty officer that night at Ilemba Hausa Police Station quickly went to the hotel where he met Faith Nol, a commercial sex worker. He found her with severe injuries on her neck. 
“The victim stated that on same date at about 3pm, Chizoba Ayogu of No. 7, Abdullahi Street, Kirikiri, Apapa Lagos, came to her hotel room. After sleeping with her, he brought out a rope, tied it around her neck and pulled her down. He also tried to suffocate her by blocking her mouth and nostrils with a pillow. She was however, rescued by a staff of the hotel who heard a noise in her room as she struggled for life. The suspect was arrested and the rope with which he nearly killed the girl recovered from him. This suspect is yet to tell the police his motive for wanting to murder the victim.”
Narrating what transpired between her and Ayogu, Nol said: “I’m not a prostitute! I’m a trader; I sell fairly used clothes. I used to come to Lagos to buy wears and sell at Ogbete Main Market, Enugu State.  The incident happened where I lodged for the night, after I had bought all I wanted from the market for the day. I was supposed to travel back the following day to my base at Enugu. I was at the hotel, sipping a soft drink, when Ayogu walked up to me.”
Ayogu told Nol that he admires her, and the lady, fearing the man believed her to a sex worker because of the reputation of the hotel, replied that she was not a prostitute.
Nol said: “Although I had corrected him, he still insisted that he likes me and later said that he wanted to have sex with me. It was because he was bothering me that I told him that I would meet him after I finished my drink. I went into my room with him. He asked me how much, he would have to pay me for making love to me. After everything, he gave me N1000. And just as I was about to get up from bed, he held me and put a rope round my neck. He closed my mouth and my nose, I couldn’t breathe. I started shouting; people in the hotel came to my rescue. I don’t know his intention or why he tried to strangle me.”

No comments: