Sunday, March 25, 2018

Assassins are after me, says GO

Ajitemisan
The General Overseer of Open Channel Bible Church, Gowon Estate, Egbeda, Lagos State, Pastor Darlington Ajitemisan, has alleged that assassins were after him.

The pastor made this allegation after unknown persons broke into his home, after using undiluted acid to cut through his key lock at Gowon Estate, where he lives.
According to him, this present breaking and entry into his apartment occurred barely two months after the first invasion of his home.
The first raid, which occurred sometimes in January, happened after he went out for early morning evangelism.
He said: “The people that robbed my house the first time, definitely knew my routine. Everyone in Gowon Estate knows that I leave my house every morning to go for ‘Morning Cry.’ They waited for me to leave, and then broke into my apartment through the ceiling. They scattered everything in the apartment. Furniture was turned upside down. They took my phone and money.”
Ajitemisan, 60, who is also a human rights activist and anti-drug campaigner, said that he had been fighting injustices and crime most of his life and felt that one of his enemies might now be after him.
Speaking with our correspondent, Ajitemisan said that this latest incident occurred on March 6. He disclosed that after the robbers gained access into his house, they took away his phones, television, decoder and other valuables.
He said: “On that fateful day, I went to Kirikiri Prison, Apapa to preach to the inmates. I returned about 4p.m. I wanted to open the lock of my door; I saw a flame around the lock. It was opened. I entered my apartment only to see the place turned upside down. I called the Commissioner of Police; he told me to report the case at Gowon Estate Police Station, which I did. Policemen came to inspect the scene. Some of my friends also suggested that the action was an attempt by assassins, who might be after my life.”
The GO also thinks that the crime might have been perpetrated by some disgruntled members of the community.
He explained: “My phones and other valuables were stolen the first time, but I didn’t report the incident to the police. I thought it was just an ordinary stealing by some boys in our community; boys who steal out of hunger. But why use raw acid?”

No comments: