Sunday, March 25, 2018

Mother of two arrested for posing as police sergeant

 The Oyo State Police Command has arrested a mother of two for allegedly posing as a police sergeant in the state.


According to the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Abiodun Odude, the fake police woman, Ayobami Odunayo, 38, some years back, was dismissed from the Nigerian Police Force while a police corporal.

The CP said that the woman was arrested for impersonation. He alleged that she used to pose as a serving police officer and uses that gimmick to steal and extort money from unsuspecting members of the public.

Odunayo, who said that her husband had died, disclosed that upon being dismissed after a suspect disappeared while in her custody, she decided to sew a uniform for herself because she loves the job.

Sobbing like her heart was breaking, Odunayo said: "I’m from Ekiti State. I was arrested because of the police uniform, which I left hanging in my house. I was dismissed from the Force in Lagos as a Corporal after a suspected criminal escaped from custody during my duty. I don’t wear police uniform to extort money or do anything illegal. I had a fight with my neighbour and a police woman was called into the matter. When she came, she saw the police uniform hanging in my room. The police woman arrested me and after series of investigations, it was discovered that I had been dismissed.
“I have two children and they are with my elder brother. I don't have husband; my husband died years back. It was the devil's work. I plead to the authority to have mercy on me for the sake of my children. I love my children and I also love my job so much.” 

Among the exhibits recovered from her are: one pair of police uniform, one police badge, Identification Card with the rank of a sergeant, a police warrant card with the rank of Inspector, a pair of Police shoulder badge, a black police belt and a police cardigan.

No comments: