Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Nigerien stabs Nigerian over attempt to rape 14 year old granddaughter


Daniel Atori Minna

The Niger State Police Command has arrested a security guard, Sani Yusuf (50) for allegedly stabbing his neighbour, Asabe  Zagi (60), over a failed attempt to rape a 14 year old girl in Minna.


Yusuf was arrested by operatives attached to the Bosso Police Division in Bosso Local Government Area of the state.
Eye witnesses claimed that Yusuf stabbed Zagi of Tudun Fulani area of Minna in Bosso over allegation of making advances at her 14 year old granddaughter.

Investigations revealed that the suspect used a knife to stab Zagi at least10 times, screaming that he didn’t  make sexual advances at the girl or bought her SIM card as was alleged.

Yusuf, father of seven, further stating his own side of the story, said: “Zagi, a staff of Bosso Council invited me to her house and accused me of buying SIM card for her granddaughter so as to have sex with her. I told her I will be the last person to do that, and in the heat of the argument, I stabbed her. For some time now, she has been accusing me of having affair with her grandchild. I told her I couldn’t do that because I have her mate at home. But Zagi refused to listen to me.”

Yusuf, while saying that he regretted his action, added that his action was out of extreme provocation.

The Niger State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Muhammad Abubakar, said the suspect confessed to the crime and would be arraigned in court soon.

No comments: