Thursday, October 2, 2014

Suspected kidnapper held in Enugu

 


Suspected kidnapper held in Enugu
Police in Enugu State have arrested a suspected armed robber and kidnapper, Chukwudebelu Onyebuchi, whose gang had been terrorising parts of Enugu and Anambra states
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ebere Amaraizu, who described Onyebuchi as notorious armed robbery and kidnap kingpin, said he was apprehended by men of the Anti-Robbery Squad.
He said: “He has involved himself in a series of kidnapping and armed robbery activities within Anambra and Enugu axis but resides in Owerri in Imo State. “Our men trailed and arrested him in Owerri recently after a gun battle which left him injured.”

Jealous woman stabs lover’s buttock

A jealous woman at the Surulere area of Lagos State, on Wednesday, angrily stabbed her man in the bottom for caressing another woman.

The woman identified as Bisi, was said to have also stabbed the suspected rival, unaware that the woman was her man’s cousin.

APC anointed me for House of Reps, says vandal


APC anointed me for House of Reps, says vandal LAWBREAKER A man, who claims he has been anointed by his party to represent his people in the House of Representatives, is now in police custody for trying to steal fuel
A 59-year-old suspected vandal, Wahab Junaid, has told the police in Lagos that he embarked on the illegal act to raise money to fund his electioneering.
Junaid, who claimed to be a staunch member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said that he decided to embark on pipeline vandalism because he was nominated to represent Ibeju-Lekki in the House of Representatives.
The suspect, a veterinary doctor, said he had to seek a means of making fast money when he was nominated by his party to contest in the 2015 general elections. Junaid said that he stopped being a veterinary doctor because people were not patronising him.

‘I’m alive’ – Shekau taunts military in new Boko Haram video


‘I’m alive’ – Shekau taunts military in new Boko Haram video
A video has been released showing the purported leader of Nigeria’s Islamist group Boko Haram dismissing the military’s allegations that he is dead.
In the video, Abubakar Shekau says his fighters shot down an air force jet that went missing three weeks ago.
Last week, the military claimed a man posing as the Boko Haram leader in videos had been killed and in August 2013 said that Shekau may be dead.
Security analysts have questioned the credibility of the military’s claims.
Nigeria journalist Ahmad Salkida, who has good contacts within Boko Haram, said on his Twitter account last week that he had it “on authority that Shekau is well and alive”.
Is it is not clear when or where the video, obtained by the AFP news agency, was made.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Execution of Iranian woman due to be hanged for killing man who 'raped her' is postponed at the last minute

Reprieve: Reyhaneh Jabbari was set be hanged tomorrow morning after seven years in prison. She killed a man she said was trying to rape her

Reprieve: Reyhaneh Jabbari was set be hanged tomorrow morning after seven years in prison. She killed a man she said was trying to rape her
A 26-year-old Iranian woman who was going to be hanged tomorrow after killing a man she claims was trying to rape her has had a stay of execution.
Reyhaneh Jabbari was sentenced to death by a criminal court in Tehran in 2009 after what Amnesty International called a 'deeply flawed investigation and trial which failed to examine all of the evidence'. 
In 2007 the former decorator stabbed Morteza Abdolali Sarbandi, a former employee of Iran’s Ministry of Intelligence, who she claims lured her to his house with a promise of work and tried to sexually assault her.

I want a sex change... again: Transsexual who had £10,000 surgery on NHS wants to become a man again - because being a woman is exhausting

A transsexual who had a £10,000 sex change on the NHS to become a woman now wants the taxpayer to foot the bill for a further £14,000 of surgery so she can become a man again.
Chelsea Attonley, 30, who was born a boy and called Matthew, said she now finds being a woman 'exhausting', is tired of putting on make-up and wearing heels, and now accepts that she should always have stayed a man. 
Chelsea said she had struggled with her identity while growing up in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, and as a child she would dress up in women's clothes.
In her twenties she became a drag queen known as Miss Malibu, drawing on glamour model Katie Price's look for inspiration.
Chelsea Attonley, 30, who was born a boy and called Matthew, had a £10,000 sex change on the NHS to become a woman. She now wants the taxpayer to foot the bill for a further £14,000 of surgery so she can become a man again

Raped, tortured, forced to watch beheadings, then beaten when they tried to kill themselves: Yazidi girls reveal the hell they endured during ISIS captivity

Two Yazidi teenagers who escaped the clutches of Isis have revealed the full horror of their capture and captivity.
They have described being tortured and forced to watch videos of men from their community being beheaded.
Some, they said, were so traumatised by their experiences that they tried to commit suicide. However, those that tried to kill themselves were severely beaten by Isis fighters.
Displaced people from the minority Yazidi sect, fleeing violence from forces loyal to the Islamic State in Sinjar town, walk towards the Syrian border. Two Yazidi teenagers who escaped the clutches of Isis have revealed the full horror of their capture and captivity
Displaced people from the minority Yazidi sect, fleeing violence from forces loyal to the Islamic State in Sinjar town, walk towards the Syrian border. Two Yazidi teenagers who escaped the clutches of Isis have revealed the full horror of their capture and captivity
 
Yazidi teenager Sara, 15, said that she considered suicide many times after she was kidnapped by Isis.