Monday, December 31, 2012

Is this the most spoiled girl in Britain? Meet Gina Rio, the 23-year-old who lives at the Savoy, drinks Cristal, owns £20k handbags - and STILL gets £10k a month pocket money from mummy




While most 23 year olds are lucky to receive an occasional handout from their parents, one very lucky woman receives a massive £10,000 a month from her mother.
Gina Rio, 23, who lives in London, receives the £10,000 from her mother Teresa, after she fell out with her father Paul in 2003 and lost the £20,000 allowance he used to provide her with.
Gina spends the generous allowance living the life of a princess - and has bought over 300 pairs of designer shoes and 70 designer handbags, one of which cost £20,000.
She also spends an extravagant amount on being chauffeured around in private cars and taxis, the bill for which can exceed a staggering £1,000 a month, and pampers herself in the hairdresser on a regular basis - often spending £600 each month to keep her locks glossy.
As if the allowance wasn’t enough, Gina’s parents have also showered her with gifts over the years.
Her father, who owns a successful construction company, spent £10,000 on a 16th birthday party for Gina, and her mother recently gave her a white Mercedes SLK convertible, worth about £30,000.

While Gina doesn’t solely rely on her parents money - she earns £2,000 a month as a personal stylist - she has shockingly not managed to save a penny of the mini fortune lavished on her.
The 23-year-old, who trained at Sylvia Young Theatre School, spent an eye-watering £50,000 in two days last month on clubbing and shopping for luxury clothes, after taking her father's credit card without his permission.
'My dad wasn't happy,' Gina's brother Sebastian says,' but he just shrugged it off.'
Gina compares herself to socialite and millionaires Tamara Ecclestone, and admits she often has no idea how much she spends on luxuries such as socialising, hair and beauty.

‘It’s really bad - I don’t even know how much I spend sometimes.’
While it might be easy to dismiss Gina as simply a spoilt brat, she is the first to admit she is using money as a substitute for her parents' love.
Devastated when her father had an affair and left the family for another woman, Gina, then aged 14, was given substantial handouts from him until, at age 17, she demanded an allowance of £20,000 a month.
‘I know I’m spoiled, but I need my parents to buy me things to prove they love me,' she says.
'I think the most expensive item was a Hermes handbag which cost £20,000.

Little Gina with her Mother

'When I found out that he'd bought his mistress a Hermes handbag, I wanted to have one that was bigger and better.
'I wanted him to prove that he loved me more than her - because she's horrid - she's horrid.
'He's my dad at the end of the day and I'm always going to love him, but he's chosen his new family over me.'
Gina fell out with her father over his new love in 2003 and he cut off her £20,000 a month, leaving Gina threatened with a normal life devoid of the countless luxuries to which she had become accustomed.
Luckily her mother Teresa stepped in to save her daughters extravagant way of life, offering £10,000 monthly to keep her in taxis and blowdries.
When Gina goes out, she lets her boyfriend - the 23-year-old rapper Ecksell - pick up the tab.
'I love my Cristal champagne and bellini cocktails,' she said.
'I have no idea how much it costs - hundreds maybe. When my boyfriend and I go clubbing, he goes crazy.
'Once he spent £25,000 in one night. Afterwards I told him that he might as well spend that on me.
'I could not imagine life without any money. Not being able to pay to have my hair done would be the worst thing ever.
'I always get what I want - I've never gone without.
'I've never caught the Tube or a bus. I would never go on public transport. It would be terrifying.
Unlike most girls her age, Gina has never set foot in Primark.
She said: 'I've driven past but I don't think I'd like it.'
Meanwhile Gina has carefully vetted all her suitors.
She said: 'I could never date someone who is poor. That would be the worst thing that could ever happen to me.
'When I met my boyfriend he told me he was signed to Warner Bros to impress me, but he really wasn't.
'Then I found out that his dad owns a brand of sauce sold in Harrods, I was pretty impressed and I knew his family would have a lot of money.

She said: 'I want my kids to have a nice life like me. When you've got money everything is a lot easier.'
But I don't want my kids growing up and taking money for granted like I used to. 
'When my allowance was cut, I realised that that I had to cut back too. Before I used to buy things for the sake of it. Now I only buy clothes that I really like.'

However, Gina claims her brother Sebastian, 38, is even more spoilt than her.
She said: 'People think that I'm spoilt, but he is on a different level, literally. Anything he asks for, he gets without any hesitation.
'He's wasted so much of my parent's money on his failed business ideas. Once they gave him £200,000 for a Caribbean restaurant that never went anywhere.'
In 2008 Gina performed in the Dizzee Rascal's 'Come Dance With Me' music video wearing a swimsuit.

She is currently living at the Savoy while her house in King's Cross is refurbished.
The five-bed house will have a walk in wardrobe covering the entire top floor, a swimming pool and jacuzzi and a home cinema.
Gina said: 'My mum bought the house for me ages ago - I reckon it must have cost at least a million.'
Meanwhile father Paul is picking up the tab at the Savoy - a bill costing thousands of pounds.
Mum Teresa has no problem with Gina excessive spending.
She says: 'I tell Gina that I am proud of her and everything she gets she deserves. Why have money if you can't enjoy it?'
Looking forward, Gina says she is hoping to emulate her idol Tamara Ecclesone.
'I like Tamara - she's pretty and seems nice. Of course, she wants for nothing - and sometimes I think I'm just as bad as her.
'I'd like to start my own business - something like a beauty spa. I get bored sometimes so I think it would give me something to do.
'Tamara has her own show, Billion $$ Girl, to keep her occupied.'

dailymail.co.uk


India's rape crisis revealed: Now 16-year-old runaway is 'attacked by bus conductor' as full horror of sex assaults emerges



A 16-year-old girl has allegedly been raped on a Delhi bus on the same day a 23-year-old woman died after being gang-raped on one of the capital's buses.
Protests gather momentum as tensions mount at the full scale of the country's problem in which rape is one of the most common crimes against women with one reported every 18 hours in New Delhi.
The latest victim was the only passenger on the bus when an off-duty conductor allegedly attacked her for 45 minutes as the bus was driven around central Delhi.


The attack echoes that against a 23-year-old student who was cremated yesterday after she died from injuries sustained when she gang-raped on a moving Delhi bus by six men.
The latest attack in India's 'rape capital' will fuel the protests which have gripped the country since the gang-rape on December 16 and the victim's subsequent death on Saturday.

The 16-year-old girl claims she was raped by an off-duty bus conductor while an on-duty conductor and driver looked on.

The attack is believed to have stopped only when the driver became disorientated by police barricades set up as a result of protests in support of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim, and stopped to ask police directions.
Police spotted the traumatised girl in the back and came to her rescue.
The victim boarded the bus at Khayala near Subhash Nagar in west Delhi and was en route to Lajpat Nagar.
The accused has been identified as Ranjit Singh, 32, a resident of Jhajjar.

He was arrested by the police deployed at the Mandi House picket and later sent to judicial custody.
The transport department has dismissed the accused as well as the driver and conductor.
In a sickening twist, the girl is reported to have been running away from her home in west Delhi after accusing her brother of raping her.
She has now been sent to Prayas, a childcare home in Lajpat Nagar.
The brother of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim cremated on Saturday believes she could have survived but the decision to take her to Singapore for life-saving treatment came too late.
In an interview with the Indian Express today, he also called for the death penalty to be handed down to the perpetrators.
'The fight has just begun. We want all the accused hanged, and we will fight for that, till the end,' he said.
The trainee physiotherapist was flown to the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore four days ago - almost two weeks after she was raped by a gang of six men on a bus in Delhi.
'She could have been saved perhaps, but the decision came late,' her brother said, adding: 'Mount Elizabeth Hospital had very high standards of hygiene. They could have prevented the infection.'

The woman's body was cremated yesterday after an aircraft chartered by the Indian government brought it back to Delhi from Singapore where she died on Saturday while being treated for severe injuries.
Her horrific ordeal has galvanised Indians to demand greater protection for women from sexual violence with mass demonstrations, candle-lit vigils and street protests with placards, chants and road blocks.
The Indian Congress has put forward plans for chemical castration and 30-year jail terms for all rapists following the attack.
A draft Bill has been put together and will be finalised and handed to India's chief justice by the end of January.
Meanwhile the victim's father has described his final conversation with his daughter in the Intensive Care Unit in Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi.
'She said, "aap so jao, main bhi ab soungi" (you go to sleep, I will also sleep). Then she embraced my hand and slept as a tear dropped from the corner of her eye. Those were her last words to me. Thereafter, she never gained consciousness and didn't talk to any of us,' he said.
Her mother was taken to hospital yesterday after collapsing while her daughter was being cremated.
It has also emerged that the planned to marry her boyfriend, who was injured in the same attack, according to her neighbours.

Her brother paid tribute to her and her partner's bravery in the vicious attack.
'She was very strong. She always said one should never bear atrocities but fight against it. While she was admitted in hospital, she told me that she fought back as hard as she could. She was defending herself by beating and biting them.
'She thrashed them and kicked them too. They were boiling in anger by her defence so they decided to kill her. She told me that they were murmuring 'maar do ise' (kill her). They threw her considering she was dead.
'The boy was equally courageous like my sister. She told me that he guarded her until he became unconscious.'
The girl and her boyfriend had spent the evening watching The Life of Pi at a multiplex in the Saket district of Delhi when they were attacked on the bus home on December 16. 
It is thought he defended his girlfriend after she was initially verbally abused by a group of six men.
They were then imprisoned on the bus by a gang for around an hour as it was driven around Delhi.
Their brutal assaults were hidden from view by the closed curtains on the bus.
She was also abused with a rod, which left her with horrific internal injuries. The pair were eventually hurled naked from the vehicle as it was still moving.

'They had made all the wedding preparations and had planned a wedding party in Delhi,' a neighbour told NDTV.
'We know that she was going to get married in February,' she said. 'The whole neighbourhood was excited about it.'
Today's private ceremony took place with Indian riot policemen standing guard outside the cremation centre in New Delhi.
Fearing the unrest amidst the public anger, the location and timing of the cremation was not disclosed, but it was held soon after the arrival of her body from Singapore on a special Air-India flight.
Her distraught mother collapsed and was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital after her daughter's body was taken away.
Premier Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi, head of the ruling Congress party, were at the airport to receive the body and meet family members of the victim who had also arrived on the flight.

After the body arrived at the airport, it was taken to the woman's home in New Delhi for religious rituals before being escorted by police to the crematorium.
Security was tight, with no access to the public or media at the crematorium.
Sheila Dikshit, the senior elected leader of New Delhi, and junior home minister R.P.N. Singh placed wreaths beside the body before it was cremated.
Details about the girl's identity have not been released to protect the family.
But The Hindustan Times newspaper described her as a dedicated student who tutored neighbours’ children to boost her family’s income


The parents had sold a plot of land nearby as well as land in their village in Ballia district of eastern Uttar Pradesh to fund their daughter's education.
'Now her elder brother, who is preparing for his engineering entrance exams, has no hope to continue his studies. The family had depended on her future career to see them out of their poverty,' a neighbour called Vimla told IANS.
Indian police have charged six men with murder in the December 16 attack, which shocked the country and triggered protests for greater protection for women from sexual violence.
The six suspects face the death penalty if convicted, in a case that has triggered protests across India and raised questions about lax attitudes by police toward sexual crimes.

THE INDIAN MENTALITY THAT CONDONES SEXUAL VIOLENCE

Rape is the one of the most common crimes against Indian women.
So common, in fact that there is a euphemism coined for the public sexual molestation of women.

In refererence to the biblical 'Eve', 'Eve teasing' implies that women are responsible for the behaviour of their attackers.
Rape victims rarely press charges because of social stigma and fear they will be accused of inviting the attack.
Many women say they structure their lives around protecting themselves and their daughters from attack.
New Delhi is the rape capital of India with a rape reported on average every 18 hours.
Government data show the number of reported rape cases in the country rose by nearly 17 percent between 2007 and 2011.

dailymail.co.uk




N78m Fraud: Bayelsa Govt, PDP Keep Mum Over Assembly Speaker, Others



The Bayelsa State Government as well as the State Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has kept sealed lips over the alleged plan by the Police to arrest the Speaker of the Bayelsa State Assembly, Hon. Kombowei Ben and two others over alleged diversion of N78million commonwealth conference fund.
The other two members of the State Assembly Leadership alleged to have been fingered and listed for arrest are the Deputy Speaker, Hon Victor Sam Ateki and the Clerk of the House, Mr Aaron Nicodemus Timiye.
A group, the Transparency and Good Governance Coalition (TGGC), had in a petition forwarded to the  Inspector General of Police called on the Police to investigate the alleged misappropriation of N78 million approved by Governor Seriake Dickson for the House of Assembly to attend the 43rd Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA).
According to a source at the State Ministry of Justice, the pending arrest of the three Principal Officers of the Assembly was approved by Minister of Justice and Attorney- General of the Federation, Mr Bello Adoke and arrived at on completion of investigation into allegations of misappropriation by the Special Fraud Unit of the Nigeria Police.
LEADERSHIP gathered at the weekend that the Special Fraud Unit of the Police, after establishing that the three principal officers were culpable, forwarded a letter with reference number CB3514/X/SFU/ Vol 1 and dated November 7 to the office of Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation (DPPF) requesting for legal advice.
The office of the DPPF after studying the case file forwarded a copy to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) Bayelsa State Ministry of Justice based on the fact that the matter was within the jurisdiction of the office to take action.

Hillary Clinton Hospitalised With Blood Clot



Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has been admitted to a New York hospital after the discovery of a blood clot stemming from the concussion she sustained earlier this month.
Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines says her doctors discovered the clot during a follow-up exam Sunday. Reines says Clinton is being treated with anti-coagulants.
Clinton was admitted to New York-Presbyterian Hospital so doctors can monitor the medication over the next 48 hours.
Reines says doctors will continue to assess Clinton's condition, "including other issues associated with her concussion."