Monday, June 29, 2015

Hoodlums almost killed me at Seme –Journalist

Olomofe
A journalist, Otunba Yomi Olomofe, has disclosed that some hoodlums almost killed him at Seme, a border town between Nigeria and Republic of Benin. 

Olomofe, who spoke at a briefing yesterday, called on the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, to investigate the matter and give him and his family full police protection. 
According to him, he fainted after over 15 hooligans brutalised him. Olomofe said on June 25, he was invited by the Customs at Seme border because a correspondent of Tide magazine was doing a story which perhaps he was asked to drop. 
He said: “I never read any meaning to my invitation.
After the meeting, I came out to see over 15 hoodlums led by one Alhaji Momoh also called Basket. “Basket asked his boys to attack me, saying that after killing me, other journalists would see it as a deterrent not to do some stories on smuggling activities at Seme border. Basket told me he had also killed people in the past and nothing happened.
Read More  http://newtelegraphonline.com/hoodlums-almost-killed-me-at-seme-journalist/

No comments: