Monday, June 8, 2015

My friend gave me money to buy cocaine for him, says Lebanese


Awad


A Lebanese arrested for drug trafficking, has explained that the drugs found on him belonged to his friend.


The suspect, Yves Awad 23, said that a friend asked him to buy the drug for him.
His words: “I was born in Lagos and I attended Lebanese Community School Yaba Lagos. After my secondary education in Nigeria, I got admission to study my A levels at Notre Dame University in Lebanon. My friend in Lebanon gave me money to buy cocaine for him. At the airport, the drug was detected and I was arrested and taken to NDLEA office. The drug was tested and it was found to be cocaine.”

NDLEA commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar said the case is being investigated.
Umar said: “The suspect was apprehended with 260 grammes of cocaine. The drug was hidden inside his boxer shorts. I’m happy that FAAN assisted us in making this arrest. When the drug was field tested, it proved positive for cocaine. The suspect holds a dual citizenship of Nigeria and Lebanon. He was found to have traveled to Nigeria from Lebanon six times since January 2015. The case is under investigation.”

The Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Ahmadu Giade commended the management of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) over the arrest of the Lebanese at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos.
The intelligence that led to the arrest of the suspect, last weekend was supplied by FAAN to the NDLEA. The arrest occurred during the outward screening of passengers on Middle East Airline flight. 
The NDLEA boss who commended the cordial working relationship between the NDLEA and FAAN called for a deeper synergy among government agencies.
 In his words, “I must commend the management of FAAN for the role it played in this arrest. This synergy among government agencies should be encouraged in the interest of national peace and development.”

No comments: