Monday, June 1, 2015

Battered wife bathes police husband with hot water

Ehianaguan
An angry housewife has bathed her police husband after he hit her at the Car Wash area of Egbeda/Idimu, Lagos State.
Residents said that the policeman, Charles Ehianaguan 40, was always hitting his wife, Esther Ehianaguan.

One of the residents said: “The man is always maltreating his wife. He would beat her over the slightest provocation. The woman had been enduring the beating for too long. I guess she was tired of it and decided to hit back.”   
But last week Sunday, Esther seemed to have had enough of the beating.
 Ehianaguan, attached to Area F Police Command, logistics and Supply unit, Ikeja, Lagos, as usual on that fateful May 24, had pounced on Esther and given her the beating of her life.
After pummeling her that morning, he slammed out of the house.
After he left home, his wife boiled water and waited for his to return. Even though it was getting late, the fuming woman repeatedly kept the water hot.
As he was returning around 8pm, she heard his noise and went to the doorway. As soon as she sighted him, she poured the hot water on him. Ehianaguan’s cries of pain almost brought their building at Unity Estate, Zone 2, down.
It was further alleged, that Esther, a food stuff seller in the neighborhood, was often left by Ehianaguan to shoulder most of the financial burdens in the home and carter for their kids. This apparently was what used to lead to most of their quarrels.
A resident who did not want her name in print said that she was outside her shop when she noticed the policeman, rushing towards the bus stop.
She said: “I was outside my shop, attending to customers when I saw him running towards bus stop shouting hot water!  Hot water! We’re from the same village in Edo State, so I had to run after him to Egbeda Police Station. He lodged a complaint about the incident. When some of his colleagues at the police station who knew him, heard that his wife poured him hot water, they advise him to go home and settle with his wife.
“We left the station for Igando General Hospital where First Aid was immediately given to him. He was asked to make some deposit. But we had to leave when he couldn’t make the deposit.”
 When our correspondent visited Ehianaguan resident at his No 8, Funsho Abatan, Egbeda, he denied the allegation that his wife bathed him with hot water.
Ehianaguan explained: “Truly, I had a disagreement with my wife before I left home that fateful day, but when I came back, the whole compound was dark. There was no light. I didn’t know that my wife kept hot water on the floor. I fell into the water. I went to Igando General Hospital. When I couldn’t afford the money they asked me to pay, I left for Police Training School Cottage Hospital, where I’m receiving treatment.”
When Esther was asked to state what transpired, she said: “My husband has said it all!”
Another resident, who identified himself simply as John, said that the police officer lied about the incident.
John said: “I was at our motorcycle park when I saw him with the wound. I approached him, to find out what happened. He told me that it was his wife who poured hot water on him. I wonder why he lied to you. What I have noticed about the couple is that they are not on good terms. They used to fight. I once settled them.” 
NEW TELEGRAPH

No comments: