Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Forex expert arrested for helping man to sell stolen dollars

Godstime Simon

A 64-year-old man, Mohamed Ibrahim, a Forex trading consultant, has been arrested by operatives of the Inspector- General of Intelligence Response Team (IRT), for allegedly selling stolen dollars in Kogi State.

Ibrahim, who explained that his first business was supplying of Agricultural products, said that he later ventured into Forex trading.
He said: “I was in my office when someone approached me that he had a dollar currency he wanted to sell. He promised to give me a commission after I might have sold the dollars, which we both agreed. After he had explained everything to me, I decided to look for buyers that would buy the dollars. Before selling the dollars, I insisted that the money would be confirmed from bank. Later, one Clement came to me that he had got someone that wanted to buy the dollar. I told the person that we should meet at the bank of the owner of the money for certification, accounting and payment of the money.
“While planning to join them at the bank, I was in my office when two policemen came to arrest me. Initially, I didn’t know why I was arrested until we got to the bank where the owner of the money and the buyer were waiting. When we got to the bank, the two men waiting for me were also arrested. We were brought to IRT office for interrogation. Unfortunately, when I was making plan on how to sell the dollar, the owner didn’t tell me the source of the money.”
Ibrahim, an indigene of Ankpa Local Government Area, Kogi State, said he graduated from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. He stated that within two year after he started the Forex trading business, he was given a license as an operator.

No comments: