Friday, December 6, 2013

My dad had sex with me severally, says girl, 15

My dad had sex with me severally, says girl, 15
CP, Oyo State, Inbawa
The Oyo State Chapter of Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria, (FOMWAN), has liberated a 15-year-old girl from the sexual abuses which she has been subjected to by her 48-year-old father.
Daily Newswatch was told that the teenage girl was deflowered by her father who has been arraigned before a court.
The court ordered that he be kept in prison custody till after the Christmas and New Year celebration.
The teenage girl, names withheld, confessed that her father had been subjecting her to sexual abuses in the last five years, after her 10th birthday anniversary, adding that she has been suffering in silence since then.
Her ordeal was said to have started after her mother, who was the second wife, left her father after a minor family disagreement. Part of her mother walking out on the marriage, was also because she refused to have an abortion for a pregnancy as demanded by her husband. Apparently, the man did not want another child.
The father who was said to be a draughtsman was once invited by police following the first allegation of having sex with his daughter and was cautioned by police who asked him to write an undertaking, it was gathered.
“He used to force me into sex any time he desired except whenever I am doing my monthly menstrual period. My grandma is unaware of his misdeed and he warned me that if I tell her, I would die the third day,” the girl said.
She continued her narration: “The day I stayed outside when I was sent on an errand by my boss, where I was learning hair dressing, I was beaten to pulp by my Dad who accused me of sleeping with a boy friend outside without his knowledge.”
On why her mother was no longer with the family, the teenager disclosed that the cause of the rift and separation was over her father’s directive that the mother should terminate her pregnancy because he did not want her to have a child at that point in time, adding that her mother regarded his directive as ungodly and criminal and moved out of the house.
FOMWAN, it was learnt stepped into the girl’s matter following a report made to it by an Islamic woman leader to who the girl confided in.
The father confirmed that he started having sex with his daughter in March this year, contrary to the allegation of the girl that he had been sexually violating her for five years.
He said: “It was in March this year after she came to me. I appreciated her beauty and had sex with her. The girl has been cooperating with me without telling anybody except recently when bad people taught her to rise against me. I am not the one who deflowered her; she has been doing it secretly elsewhere.”
Meanwhile, the state commissioner of police who confirmed the incident added that after the normal investigation, the accused has been charged to court which allowed him to be in prison custody till January 9 next year for his trial.

No comments: