Monday, September 26, 2016

I only defrauded her, not rape, says father of three



The Lagos State Police Command has arrested 24-year-old Efe Eze, after a lady accused him of raping her at the Ijesha area of the metropolis.

Eze, a father of three, has however denied the allegation leveled against him by the 18-year-old complainant.
The suspect further said that there was no way he could have raped the victim, because he met and defrauded her on the road.
He added: “I didn’t rape her. Police gave her papers to go to hospital for examination and the result states negative. It was discovered I didn’t rape her.  Aside from the police station, I have only met her on the road. How could I possibly rape her on the road, in broad daylight? I even tried to refund her money, but she refused to accept it. My family has been begging her, but she refused to listen to all pleas.”
Eze said he was formerly a trader, before he switched over to advance-fee fraud. According to him, the switch in business became necessary because of the prevalent harsh economic condition in Nigeria.
The suspect was arrested by the police after he was reported by the 18-year-old lady. He however insisted that he only defrauded her N4800, around the Ijegun area of Lagos.
Revealing his modus operandi, Eze said: “I move around busy roads, looking for gullible people. Once I sight a target, I try to convince the person that I have some goods, which I wish to sell. If the person buys the story, he would give me money to supply the goods. Once I collect the money, I would run away. The person would no longer be able to reach or find me.”
When asked if he ever coerced anyone into giving him money, he said: "Not really. We only tell people that we have goods to sell. We don't use guns. We only sweet-talk victims whom we feel have money.”

No comments: