Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Mother of three arrested for impersonating Police Inspector



A mother of three, Alimat Kemi Mustapha, has been arrested for impersonating a Police Inspector in Ogbomoso, has told the Oyo State.


Mustapha, 40, who was arrested on December 15, 2017, told policemen attached to Oyo State Police Command that she was dismissed as a Police Sergeant in 2007, but impersonated an Inspector in order to dupe unsuspecting Nigerians.

The suspect, who was alleged to always wear full Inspector of Police uniform, was presented to journalists at the Eleyele Police Headquarters by the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Abiodun Odude.

Mustapha confessed that she did not return her police kits after she was dismissed in Abuja.

Odudesaid: "The impostor, wearing police uniform with an Inspector rank was arrested by the Owode-Ogbomoso police division on December 15, 2017 around 1.00 pm, after she fraudulently bought electronics worth N600, 000 from Vincent Nwachi a shop located at Takie Isale area of Ogbomoso with an assurance that she would pay through money transfer.

The CP explained: "Investigation revealed that the suspect was dismissed in 2007, but did not return police kits in her possession. Before her arrest, she had been using the police uniform to obtain goods and services from unsuspecting innocent members of the public. She has confessed to the crime and will soon be arraigned in court.”

Odude said: "I have three children. My husband is dead. I was dismissed as a sergeant in Abuja before I relocated to Oyo State. I’m from Oyo State. I did not submit my police kits, but I later started presenting myself as an Inspector rank.”

No comments: