Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Police accuse OPC member filling station robberies

Detectives attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command have arrested a security guard for armed robbery.


The suspect, Olayode Fashina 36, a member of the Oodua Peoples’ Congress (OPC), married with three children, was alleged to be involved in a robbery that occurred at a filling station, where he is a security guard.

According to him, his trouble started after police found a rifle in his possession. He told our correspondent that he uses the rifle for his security guard work.

Fashina said: “The man who gave me the work as a guard is in charge of the gun. I’m not an armed robber. I’m a security guard. I use my rifle for my job. I guard a filling station. I have never used the gun to rob before. Police arrested me because the rifle found with me doesn’t have a license. I was working on getting a license before I got arrested.”

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Edgal Imohimi alleged that the suspect was involved in a robbery that took place at a Mobile filling Station, located at Igando area of the metropolis.
The police further alleged that robberies had become frequent at the station.

While fielding questions from journalists, Fashina said: “I’m the owner of the axe, but the gun was given to me by the leader of our OPC group. The name of our leader is Odo Adewale. He’s the person that used to supply instrument for our work. When police came to the scene, I ran because my gun had no license. I was arrested along Isolo Police Station. I was transferred to SARS, Ikeja.”

No comments: