Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DPO's mattress has green, white colours-Victim



The means devised by the panel to unravel the truth is by listening to Miss. Akinwunmi and the DPO and going to scene of crime to investigate and corroborate their stories.
The panel comprised of the Officer in Charge of the Human Right Department in the Lagos State Police Command, an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), Mr. Olu Falomo, Officer in Charge of X-Squad, a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), Mr. Kola Okunola, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), in charge of Admin, Mr. Felix Ogundeji, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), in charge of operations, Mr. Tunde Shobulo and the Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide.
The panel first met on Thursday night, and after listening to a point, Shobulo allegedly angrily called Awe, ‘a madman.’
The debriefing of Miss. Akinwunmi, a mother of two and the DPO started at the Police Command, and then moved to Braide’s office at GRA, IKeja. The panel adjourned at about 11pm.
Awe’s service pistol was taken from him and he was ordered to be detained. Awe accused of extortion, sexual assault, rape and illegal detention.
Before the arrest of Awe however, he and the lady were asked to explain and described how and where the rape occurred.
Each was also asked to describe the DPO’s inner room where the rape occurred.
While the description was going, someone was illustrating it on a paper.
On Friday, at about 2pm, the panel went to the DPO’s office and the girl’s description allegedly tallied.
Miss. Akinwunmi told our correspondent: “How can I lie about such a thing! When he called me into his office, after I was brought out from the cell, he asked me if I knew what I did was wrong, I said yes I knew. I told him that I was sorry, that it will never happen again.
“He started touching me. I told him that I was not there for that.  He started shouting, he said he would make sure I and my brothers go to jail. Yes, he detained my brothers who came to the station to bail me.
“The office has an inner room. He took me to the inner room. There was no bed sheet on the bed and the mattress has green and white colours. The place I later washed after he raped me had a wash basin and paint bucket. A bucket filled with water was there. Dettol had been poured into the water. The room is painted cream colour.”
The panel will meet again after the Easter break.

No comments: