Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Why I inserted cocaine into my private part – Suspect

Why I inserted cocaine into my private part – SuspectA 36-year-old mother of four, arrested for inserting cocaine into her private part, has explained how she came about the drug. The suspect, Chinelo Okorom Lynnette, a food seller residing at the Ajagbadi area of Lagos State, said the man who came to her rescue during her trying moment, lured her into the drugpeddling business Lynnette said the man she thought was her messiah, was actually the devil in disguise.

According to her, she was weeping profusely when she and her children were ejected from their apartment, when a supposedly Good Samaritan, came to meet her. She said the man told her he would introduce her to importing and exporting business. Lynnette added that by the time she found out that the importation deal was actually drug trafficking, it was too late.
She could not pull out. The suspect was arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos as she attempted to smuggle 685 grams of cocaine, which she had cleverly inserted in her vaginal, during inward screening of passengers on an Ethiopian airline flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Lynnette claimed she thought she was going into importation of bags. She said: “I’m a food vendor at Ajangbadi, Lagos. I have never been involved in any sort of crime.
I’m a victim of man’s cruelty to man. My husband abandoned me with four children two years ago. I worked hard to pay their school fees and ensure their proper upkeep. “When the landlord forcefully ejected me, I had nowhere to go and nobody to turn to for solace.
I was crying like a baby when a man came to console me. I had never seen him in my life before that day. “He asked me to wipe my tears and promised to introduce me to importation business.
I felt he was God-send until he sponsored my trip to Addis Ababa. When I got to Ethiopia, he told me to take cocaine to Nigeria. Initially I disagreed but he threatened to recover his investment at all cost.”
The NDLEA Commander at the airport, Mr Hamza Umar, said the suspect ingested a few wraps and inserted others in her vaginal.
He said: “The suspect tested positive for drug ingestion and vaginal insertion. She however expelled a total of 685 grams of substance that tested positive for cocaine while under observation at the airport.”

No comments: