Friday, September 2, 2016

My husband’s killers are dying mysteriously, says widow of activist

Vincent
Many people may not have known the late human rights activist, Mr. Vincent Olatunde. He was however known to cultists, cyber criminals and policemen stationed at Somolu area of Lagos. He had a penchant for reporting any perceived ill in Somolu, before he was killed by cultists.

Three years after his murder, the Lagos Police State Command, last week, announced that his killer has been arrested. The arrest of Ibrahim Balogun, alias Small Jepron, the alleged leader of Eiye confraternity in Somolu, that killed Vincent, has made Mrs. Adetutu Olatunde, wife of the slain activist, to reveal the nightmare her life and those of her children has become. Balogun was alleged to have murdered Vincent and four others at Shomolu.
Vincent was attacked on October, 1, 2013. He died, leaving his wife to bring up their children alone. One would have expected Adetutu to jubilate over the arrest of Balogun, but instead, she lamented: “My children and I had Balogungone through a lot since the death of my husband three years ago. Some of the cultists, who killed my husband, are still threatening to kill my children and I. They said we’ve been reporting them to the police.”
The widow recalled an incident that became imprinted in her memory. It happened in the area she and her children relocated, after Vincent died. Adetutu said: “One day, I was outside with my children when some of the cult members came to our street.https://newtelegraphonline.com/husbands-killers-dying-mysteriously-says-widow-activist/

No comments: