Sunday, April 23, 2017

Serving soldier gave me uniform, says impersonator



A civilian, who identified himself as Nurudeen Noah, arrested for impersonation, has told policemen that his friend, a serving soldier, gave him the uniform.

Noah 27, who posed as a Lance Corporal said: “ I collected the uniform from my friend Toyeeb. He gave me after I told him that I wanted to go and act as a guard at a birthday party. The party was being held at Oyingbo area of Lagos State.”
Noah, a furniture maker, said that he became friendly with Toyeeb after doing some furniture work for him at home.
On the fateful day of his arrest, Noah wore the uniform and was strolling around Yaba area of the metropolis.
He was grabbed by some soldiers, who watched his mannerism and felt he was a fake. After they grabbed him, some questions were thrown at him, which he couldn’t answer.
When the soldiers asked him where he got his uniform, he told them that a friend gave him. He said Toyeeb had been arrested and undergoing interrogation with the 9th Brigade Provost, Ikeja.
He added: “ I used the uniform to get work as a guard. I use money made from the guard work to feed my family. I thought nobody would challenge me because I wore the army uniform. I thought other soldiers who saw me, would believe I’m part of them.”
Noah added: “ I feel bad. I have not committed any crime before now. The police should have mercy on me.”
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, said that the suspect would be charged to court.

No comments: