Friday, February 14, 2014

Fake practicing medical doctor for 34 years, held for ATM robbery


DOCTOR
Juliana Francis
Sixty-five-year-old Doctor Tajudeen Dosunmu is one of the robbers
arrested for attacking and breaking into ATM at banking premises.
It appeared that Dosunmu had been living a lie all his life. For more
than 10 years, he worked in General hospital as a practicing medical
doctor. He worked with forged medical certificate.
The suspect had been practicing medicine for over 34 years before his
eventual arrest.
Dosunmu was in charge of treating any of the wounded gang members. It
was gathered that he used to go to robbery operations with medicines
and IV drips, just in case any of the robbers got shot.
Dosunmu who had no reason to take to robbery, since he is a
'practicing medical doctor' and has two kids overseas, with one in US
Navy and another in Germany, said: "I have only three wives and eight
children. One of my sons is in US Navy and my daughter is in Germany.
They used to send me money. I don't know what happened to me. But I
believe that some of my family members are after me because of my
father's property. Maybe that's how God wants it. I didn't do this
sort of thing when I was 18-year-old, so how come I'm doing it at this
age? I had already celebrated my 63rd birthday. But I thank God I have
lovely children."
At that point, the suspect broke down in tears.
He further said: "I got my forged certificate to practice as medical
doctor from University of Ife. When I was in 400level, I had some
problems, I dropped out. But my lecturers were able to arrange a
certificate for me. That was in 1980.
"They also arranged that I should go and do my National Youth Service.
I went to serve at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna. It was
a long time ago, but it just cost me only N20, 000 back them to get my
lecturers to arrange all those things for me.
"After my NYSC, I went to LASUTH, to see my father's younger brother
who was working there. He was a medical doctor. He was the one who
made it possible for me to get a job there. I worked there from 1980
to 1996 before I stopped."
After he stopped working there, he went and set up his hospital.
He claimed that he joined the gang because they came to hire his car
for an operation.
His words: "I have followed them to only just two operations. The
first one was a filling station at Iyano-Igberi. They met a brother of
mine and said that they wanted to use my car. There was no security
there. They gave me just N10, 000 for that operation.
"The second operation was at Ayobo, Access Bank. They called me to
assist them carry gas cylinders with my car. I assisted them to carry
the gas cylinders to where they used to hide before they go out for
operation. We were not given any money for the Access bank operation
because it was not successful.
"I believe that if I can escape this, my God will forgive me. My last
wife is presently pregnant. None of my wives or children knew I was
into this sort of lifestyle."


No comments: