Friday, February 14, 2014

AFTER SERIES OF ATTACKS ON ATM, SUSPECT SAYS, 'I'M NOW A BORN AGAIN'


Nsirim
Jonathan Nsirim was among the seven-man gang
Jonathan Nsirim was among the seven-man gang robbers arrested by the Lagos State Police Command, which specialized in breaking open ATM with gas cylinders to cart away the money.
Speaking with journalists, Nsirim said he was now a born again and was
ready to face the consequences of his action.
Narrating how he became a member of the gang, Nsirim said: "I used to
play music in night clubs. It was there that I met some of the
members. They took me to a man whom they used to call chairman. They
told me that the chairman will assist me with money to buy my musical
instruments. On the second visit to the chairman, they told me that if
I wanted to get money to buy my instrument, I would have to go and rob
with them."
Nsirim desperate need to have his own band took preeminence over his
sense of right and he went with the gang to attack an ATM. He said he
was given N250, 000 the first time. Apparently, that was not enough to
buy the musical instruments because Nsirim went again the second time,
where he was given N350, 000.
He further said: "When the gang took me to the chairman, they told me
they were robbers and what they wanted me to be doing in the gang. I
knew if I had refused, they would have killed me. I had to play ball
with them."
After the fateful failed Access Bank operation, he went underground.
He was later arrested through his girlfriend. "What they asked me to
be doing is to carry the gas cylinders for them. On the day we went
for the Access bank robbery, I was told to keep out of sight. I
suddenly heard gunshots and started calling   Eyo Bassey, who we used
to call the General. I asked him what the gunshots were all about. He
said I should not worry. It was later I heard they killed three
policemen."

No comments: