Friday, February 14, 2014

ATM ROBBERY: I USED MY N300, 000 TO PAY RENT, GIVE TO MY FAMILY


Tallest

Juliana Francis
Forty-year-old Tairu Kareem alias Tallest, has been described by
policemen as the 'engine of the gang.' He is the person who knows how
to use gas cylinders and blasts open the ATM doors.
Without him, every robbery operation would be exercise in futility.
The first N300, 000 he made, he gave almost every dim to his family
members, except to pay his house rent.
According to him, it doesn't usually take more than 40m minutes to
blast open doors of ATM. Although he had earlier told the police that
it usually takes him 10 minutes.
He said that he joined the gang after his shop where he doing welder
was demolished and the land used to build residential houses. Life
became pretty difficult, until he met a friend, Jonathan Nsirim, who
led him to the gang.
He said: "The first operation I went with them was at First Bank. The
second was Access bank, but we got nothing at Access bank. I got N300,
000 from the First Bank operation. I was arrested through my
girlfriend. I was in my house, in my bathroom, bathing when the
policemen entered. I saw my girlfriend with the police and knew
immediately she has sold me out."