Friday, February 14, 2014

ATM robberies: Pastor uses bible to tell why he joined

Juliana Francis
Pastor Isaiah Willie, 41, is one of the pastors who used to stand at
the holy podium at the 'Happy People Bible Church 'Ayobo, Lagos State,
to preach about fire and brimstones to members of his congregation.
Yet under the cover of darkness, Pastor Willie will remove his holy
cassock to join the band of ATM robbery gang to break open ATM and
cart away money.
Stating his reason for joining the gang, he said: "Go and read Matt
26: 41. It says: 'The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.'
Temptation always comes. At my age, I should not be in this sort of
thing. I have a cab that I even used to manage. I have already
belittled myself by getting involved in this mess. My experience since
I was arrested has taught me that one should be contented with what
one has."
He confessed that he had followed the gang to two operations, adding
that he became involved after they asked to use his cab.
"Their car was faulty and they had to hire mine. It was my town's man,
Confidence Saviour who introduced me to the gang. He used to drive
their car for them, but it developed fault. That was how he linked me
to them. Yes, I knew they were robbers."
He vividly recalled the attack on a woman at Christ Embassy.   He
said: "There was a robbery they went at Christ Embassy. They gave me
N400, 000 but I didn't go with them. It happened that a guy called
Richard and one dismissed mobile policeman went and got the deal about
the robbery. Richard later told me about the deal. We went to Alade
Market area, where we met with a lady and a bank manager.
"The lady is the girl friend to the bank manager. She told us that she
was working with one woman who goes about with dollars. She told us
that the woman used to go to Central bank and get dollars, to give to
Christ Embassy that they were into money laundry. She asked if we
could intercept the woman and the money.
"I now told Confidence Saviour. They traced the woman from Lagos
Island down to Christ Embassy. I don't how much they collected from
the woman, but they gave me N400, 000."

No comments: