Friday, September 26, 2014

Braide asks for forgiveness as she leaves Lagos Command

The Lagos State Police Command spokesperson, Ngozi Conchita Braide, yesterday begged those whom she had offended to forgive her as she announced her deployment by the Command ‘for greater assignment.’
In a ‘thank you’ letter made available to journalists,
Braide who is the first female Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the Command said that her junior colleague, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Mr. Kenneth Nwosu, will immediately take over as the image-maker of the Command.
She urged all journalists to give Nwosu, “the same level of cooperation you gave to me.”

Braide who asked for forgiveness from people she may have unwittingly offended said: “During the discharge of my duties here in Lagos State as the Police Spokesperson, l may have had disagreements with some of you, I hereby use this medium to say “I am sorry”. Considering the complexity of my office and varied opinions, there was no way I wouldn’t have offended someone.”

She expressed her profound gratitude for the maximum support given to her by friends in the media and Lagosians as a whole. “You have been quite cooperative as you assisted me in making my job easier despite my short comings,” she said.

She continued: “As the First Female Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos State, I expressed fears when I assumed office on June 11, 2012, but to my greatest surprise, I experienced the warmest reception and assistance from you all.
 “I use this medium to thank Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), Mr. Umar Manko who accorded me the wonderful opportunity to serve Lagos State. I thank him for his understanding, assistance and fatherly advice during my tenure. My gratitude also goes to the new Commissioner of Police, Mr. Kayode Aderanti for his understanding during my short stay with him.”


No comments: