Thursday, May 14, 2015

Man rushes into church, dies crying for help



Members of the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC), located at Peace Estate Baruwa, Ipaja, Lagos State, were stunned when a man dashed into their church, screaming for help and suddenly died within minutes. 

The man, Waheed Majekodumi 32, was alleged to have ran like someone pursued by the hounds of hell into the church, shouting, “Help! Help! I’ll die!” He was however said to have died before people could ascertain what was wrong with him.
The deceased, who lived in the Abule area of Ipaja and works in a block making industry, had four kids, but divorced seven years ago and had since being living alone. Two persons, a woman and a resident pastor who were inside the church when the deceased rushed inside, are now being quizzed over the mysterious death of the man.
The resident pastor of the church, Popoola Oluwasumidotun 27, and a member of the church, Folashade Ebun, who were both present on the fateful day, insisted they were shocked over the sudden and mysterious death of Majekodumi. According to them, they had no hands in his death.
Popoola said: “I’m the preceding pastor of the church and I also live in the church compound. On Thursday morning, I was about going to take my bath and prepare for a programme which used to be held in the church every Thursday, when I heard Folashade, she’s one of our members, who lives within the church premises – shouting pastor come, come and help. I ran into the church auditorium where the shout was coming from. I saw her standing next to a man on the ground. I asked her what happened and who was the man. She said the man ran into the church shouting help! Help! I will die and then slumped.”
Popoola said he shocked and confused and momentarily didn’t know the next step to take. But he quickly gathered his wits and rushed outside, asking if anyone around knew the man.
He recounted: “Fortunately, I saw the husband of one of our church members. I asked him if he knew the man and he said yes. He said the man lived in Abule, a street not far from the church. Folashade and I went to Abule. We asked a few people if they know Waheed and they said yes. They described him as a drunk who lived in that neighbourhood. Some of the people around came to the scene of the incident checked him and confirmed him dead. I immediately had to call my boss, the owner of the church. I also called his son who is also a pastor. When his son came, he advised we go and report the case to the police.”
Everyone trooped to the Ipaja Police Station to make the report. Folashade, a mother of three, said she was sweeping when the late Majekodumi, dashed into the church, calling for help.
She said: “Initially, I thought someone was chasing him. I however later discovered he was alone. He fell to the ground. I quickly called pastor, who also came out immediately. Truthfully, we have nothing to do with his death. No matter what, I have confidence in the God we serve that he will vindicate us!”
 Chief Idowu Animashaun, a relative of Majekodumi said that he got to hear about the incident two days after it happened.
He noted: “Waheed lived a reckless life and drank too much. This was part of the reason I stopped him from coming to my home.
The deceased’s wife,  Mrs. Mujedat,  said: “I was married to Waheed for eight years and I had four children for him. But in the later part of our marriage, he took to drinking and leaving home for as long as two months without asking how the children and I used to feed. I don’t believe anyone is responsible for his death!”
The Lagos State Public Relations Officers, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident, adding that the case is currently been investigated at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID).
NEW TELEGRAPH

No comments: